Whats a good big TV screen?

jjager85

2[H]4U
Ive been looking around and id like to get a big 37" flat screen or bigger to attach to the wall for a good price, that im able to hook my computer up to also. does anyone have any suggestions? should i get an LCD TV? or whats out there?

In the 37" size I would get a Panasonic plasma if the main priority is movies/tv....however if you're going to also use it as a computer monitor then a lcd is your best bet. I'll let others comment on specific models.

when i think about it, the main use of this will be playing games( ps2, Xbox 360, ect.) and watching movies and TV and my budget is $1500. i want to beable to attach it to the wall.

does anyone have any good ideas for a flat screen at all? should i get the 37" westinghouse for games/movies/TV??? or what?

Yes the Westinghouse 37" version 3 is a good choice.

An LCD tv with a native 1080P resolution would be my choice.

If u r not in a rush.....order it thru Crutchfield for $1299 shipped! :D ONly thing they're backordered but they'll still take your order at the same price. And this IS the 37w3.......which is the newer version and uses a faster panel.

And before u ask me, I'm in the same boat as u and I ordered 1 day after CF went back-ordered but they'll be getting more end Sep.

Fragster

samsung.204b said:
lcd image quality is better than plasma.

You sir, have no clue what you are talking about.

My computer drives a 2405 and a Panny plasma. When side by side, it's not even close. The plasma's image quality is stunning when running a quality signal. It blows me away everytime I turn it on. The LCD looks ok at best. LCD will never produce the smooth film like quality of a quality plasma.

well, my wife surprized me tonight, she went to best buy and bought the 40" LCD westinghouse dvd combo for like $950.... is that a good deal? or should i take it back to get something different?

jjager85 said:
Ive been looking around and id like to get a big 37" flat screen or bigger to attach to the wall for a good price, that im able to hook my computer up to also. does anyone have any suggestions? should i get an LCD TV? or whats out there?

lol.
Ya know its nearing the Christmas shopping season when the forum starts getting posts from these obvious newbies asking about 37" inchers. All the regulars ALLLL know the 37 incher to get is the westinghouse lvm37w1 or w3. :rolleyes:

I recently bought a panasonic 42" plasma. I originally intended to get a westinghouse, until i compared it to other manufacturers. On one hand they are cheap, but on the other hand they are cheap. The picture is crap compared to samsung or panasonic LCDs or plasmas.

how do you guys feel about the 40" westinghouse dvd combo? should i take it back and get the 37" or bump up to the 42"?all i want this tv for is to watch TV and play games for a good price. also whats the difference between 1080i and 1080p?

You want 1080p, not 1080i. The one with the DVD player is only 1080i.

If you have a costco membership I'd get the sceptre 37" 1080p LCD as in 5 years you can go back to costco with the original packing of the sceptre and exchange it for something that cost the same amount of money as what you originally bought the TV for.

Back