Whats a good benchmark tool for Physics processing?

xbonez

Limp Gawd
I currently have an Sapphire HD 4890. In about two days, I'm receiving a second one to crossfire.
I would like to benchmark the physics processing power of my setup pre and post Crossfire.

After that, I might get a 9800GT for dedicated physics. At this point, I'll benchmark again and if the difference is negligible or negative, I can get rid of the 9800.

So, whats a good app for all the physics benchmarking? I know its best to test in-game, but it can't be quantified in that manner.

ATI cards can't run PhysX. I'm not aware of any other GPU-accelerated physics libraries that are actually used for any games.

yeah once upon a time the plan was to have ATI do gpu accelerated havok physics. But that plan was scrubbed when intel bought havok.

Yeah, you're not going to be able to run hardware accelerated physics (PhysX) until you add an Nvidia card in addition to your AMD cards.

Also, with a crossfire setup like you're planning, I'd probably reccomend something faster than a 9800GT for PhysX.

ATI cards can't run PhysX. I'm not aware of any other GPU-accelerated physics libraries that are actually used for any games.

Actually, I've seen PhysX run on an AMD card with hacked drivers so it is possible.

Quick Google search and you fill find it too.

Back