What's a good 26-27" monitor?

creepcolony

Limp Gawd
I'm currently using a 26" TN monitor, and looking to upgrade to a good 26-27" (1920x1200 resolution) VA or IPS monitor. I do play FPS games so I need decent response time, but overall I'm not too picky about color saturation or viewing angles or anything else. I've done some research and so far my options seem to be limited to Planar PX2611W, Dell 2709W, and LG W2600HP. The Planar is kinda expensive, the Dell seems to have some bad input lag, and the LG seems impossible to find. Is there anything else out there that anyone can recommend to me?

the LG has some good reviews and everything. . . buy like you said, its impossible to find. . . only one i found was on amazon.

I felt a brief period of buyer's remorse after buying my PX2611w, which mainly occurred between clicking "submit" on Amazon and the following day when it arrived. That all went away when I started using it. Love this monitor - it was well worth the cost IMO.

If you ask me - input lag is overrated. I have trouble noticing the difference between my 3008WFP's input lag of ~50 ms and another monitor that is only 4ms. If it were me I would get the 2709W.

Input lag is subjective and differs from person to person.

Kinda like someone how says a pair of $700 JBL speakers sounds just as good a pair $2,300 Paradigm 100 Studio speakers. I suppose the lucky people who can't tell the difference can just spend the $700 for the cheaper pair of speakers, while audiophile who can afford to spend the money would opt for the Paradigms or whatever speakers suit their tastes.

My NEC 2690WUXi has an average input lag of 32ms, while the Planar is less than 8ms on average and I can tell the difference between the two. I don't speak for everyone, merely myself.

Back