• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What X-Fi should I get.....?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
I am really not sure which X-Fi to get. I have my sight's set ont he Fatal1ty, but am Wondering if the X-Ram, is a gimmick. Anyone care to help me out.
 
If you've got the money then go ahead but its not that much better, I mean just upgrading to a X-Fi should be good enough. I say get a cheaper one and spend the money on something else, the only game that supports it now is Battlefield 2
 
like outlaw said, the x-ram is in the beggining stage. only BF2 supports it, and what if it becomes a failed technology? then your wasted 80+ for nothing. just get the basic x-fi for 130 or w.e it costs and thats it. that card is great, i loved playing CS:S on my friends PC with it. iam gonna get the basic one for myself, once my 2 gigs of OCZ low latency ram and my 7800gtx asus top card.
 
it's posts like that which make me think that maybe creative needs its own forums kind of like the nvidia/ati and intel/amd forums....so people asking questions about creative products can get answers instead of !!!!!!s.
 
jester1176 said:
it's posts like that which make me think that maybe creative needs its own forums kind of like the nvidia/ati and intel/amd forums....so people asking questions about creative products can get answers instead of !!!!!!s.

That wouldn't change anything, look at all of the AMD biased folks hanging out and Spamming for AMD in the Intel side of the forum?

Donnie27
 
TheBlueChanell said:
I am really not sure which X-Fi to get. I have my sight's set ont he Fatal1ty, but am Wondering if the X-Ram, is a gimmick. Anyone care to help me out.


the cheap one is just fine in BF2 the only game to use the "X-ram"
what creative isnt saying is that all of them have it
its just that the 2 others that dont say thay have it just have 2MB were the other FPS and Pro have 64MB
 
The 2mb ram models don't really have "X-Ram". It's not a term for any ol' ram on the video card, but a specific amount of ram usable for caching in-game sound effects.

The 2mb models just use their ram for sound fonts and such.
 
dderidex said:
The 2mb ram models don't really have "X-Ram". It's not a term for any ol' ram on the video card, but a specific amount of ram usable for caching in-game sound effects.

The 2mb models just use their ram for sound fonts and such.

no it caches just like the others as far as i can tell it just cant cache as much
 
really.... how would this X-Mystique compare to my current audigy 2 zs card? is it night and day diff. or wut?
 
aZn_plyR said:
really.... how would this X-Mystique compare to my current audigy 2 zs card? is it night and day diff. or wut?

many people like me have switched from the Audigy 2 ZS to the HDA X-Mystique. I highly recommend it if you use a receiver with your sound card and connect it digitally. Perhaps someone else can give you insight into its analog sound quality :)

EDIT: I see you are using the Logitech Z-680. You can connect the HDA to those with a coaxial or optical cable and get fantastic 5.1 sound from it :)
 
aZn_plyR said:
ok thanks! I'll probably save up some money and grab one :p
There's no point when the digital connection is inferior to the analog connection using the A2 ZS.
 
I think the Fatal1ty is the best card...but for the money, I'd go with the standard X-Fi unless I just wanted the extra I/O drive bay (which I did)

Of course...I actually bought the X-Fi Fatal1ty by pore-ordering it at Quakecon for the same price as the regular Platinum.
 
Back
Top