What would you recommend???

AY786

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
324
Ive currently connected my 5.1 to my onboard motherboard soundports which the motherboard is a asus a8n sli premium. Would you recommend me getting a sound card and using this instead or do you think i should just stick to the motherboard onboard sound.

Would i notice any difference in sound from the onboard to the sound card. Also which sound cards would you recommend for this - i was looking at the creative selections like the fatality sound card.

Any suggestions? :)
 
I think the Fatality is a huge waste of money. Go with the X-Fi music. You'll notice a difference in sound quality when it's all said and done. I really hate Creative but nobody really makes good sound cards these days so you're almost stuck with them.
 
So does this mean to buy a sound card then instead of using onboard sound???
 
Buy a creative X-Fi platinum if you want the deck and control or X-Fi music if you wanna go cheapo, Onboard Audio SUX no matter how you cut it, it steals resources and cpu power.
 
I think the best value is the X-fi Platinum which I got. I love the control deck simply because when I plug in my headphones into the port on the deck, the x-fi recognizes it and changes my sound settings for headphone play back. Vice versa when i take them out.
 
Back
Top