What would you like to see for SFF in 07'

Like the topic say's. Being we dont have some of the products our big brothers have. That being said i do have 2 Tt mid cases but im a SFF'er at heart and even though we dont have much on the market but im confident we will see some SFF gaming products. I see alot of people wanting to get into SFF are getting detoured because we dont have much. anywho

I would like to see some lowrise highend GPU's (i know it might not be possible...) to give us more room for dual GPU's

A steady stream of gaming mobo's. This one here one there isnt giving us much. Ive read alot of threads on the new SFF mobo's and you guy pick it apart and see right threw it (which i love about the [H] :) )

Being that every rig i have is watercooled, i'd like to see more products with us sff'ers in mind.

As for the echical stuff ill leave that up to you guy's

-DreadZ

All I want is a cheap quadcore, and a mobo that can oc like a bat outta hell. HDMI would be a plus. One more thing, a nice professional looking case. Something as easy to work with as my MF but none of that cheap plastic look to it.

I'd like to see a few things. First off, I'd like to see DTX become the standard for SFF mobos. Secondly, I'd like to see a general push towards making graphic cards smaller and less SLi dependent... i mean really, you don't see quadcore being 4 processors taking up the entire mobo do you? Finally, a redesigned PSU for small form factor computers. You can't tell me they can't make an awesome PSU that is smaller...it's the cause of the biggest space issues and compatability issues in SFF.

None of these will happen though. :(

I'd like to see a few things. First off, I'd like to see DTX become the standard for SFF mobos. Secondly, I'd like to see a general push towards making graphic cards smaller and less SLi dependent... i mean really, you don't see quadcore being 4 processors taking up the entire mobo do you? Finally, a redesigned PSU for small form factor computers. You can't tell me they can't make an awesome PSU that is smaller...it's the cause of the biggest space issues and compatability issues in SFF.

None of these will happen though. :(

Your right too Steeeve. It took me going through 10 PSU's to get the right one to fit AND its still a tight fit. Another thing would defintely be a smaller GPU. I would rather havea big graphic card then 2 mid GC's running SLi. Question though, Whats DTX? forgive me if it sounds like a noob ?uestion

-DreadZ

I'd like to see MORE CUBE CASES! More choices!

Everyone here building systems based on the Qpack or MicroFly is getting old. :p

I'd also like to see more sturdy metal cube cases instead of flimsy aluminum ones, there seems to be a misconception that only lan party goers build SFF systems - hint: many people build SFF systems because of space issues or style, and not because they carry their case under their arm everywhere they go.

A solid cube case made by Antec with all their noise reducing features and great airflow is something I would like to see someday. (NSK1400?)

PSU with shorter cables...and modular too. smaller would be a plus.

better motherboards.

Smaller Graphics cards that are still powerful

Nice short optical drives (Lite on drives suck balls, they always seem to die on me)

Better cooling solutions that dont take up the whole case (for the video card etc)

Everyone here building systems based on the Qpack or MicroFly is getting old. :p

I'd also like to see more sturdy metal cube cases instead of flimsy aluminum ones, there seems to be a misconception that only lan party goers build SFF systems - hint: many people build SFF systems because of space issues or style, and not because they carry their case under their arm everywhere they go.

A solid cube case made by Antec with all their noise reducing features and great airflow is something I would like to see someday. (NSK1400?)

There are more cases coming out so don't worry :). CeBit will show some new ones by Apevia and AeroCool hopefully.

This is why i went with a Tt Lanbox:D

I don't think making small PSUs is really that impossible (think PicoPSU). It's really more of a problem with compatibility and choices. I have this rather frivolous Fortron 300W SFX PSU that doesn't really fit anywhere for example...it's pretty useless...

I'm looking forward to better boards and definitely some better cases. I always feel like I spent too much on a decently designed POS. I think all case makers should take a cue from Antec and produce cases using steel instead of aluminum. The case is smaller and lighter as it is, so aluminum isn't really necessary. Steel is more rigid, has better acoustic properties, and is cheaper.

With respect to optical drives, if the PSU gets smaller, I think the drive length will matter less and less.

it would be cool to have cases with more hard drive bays, better case, cpu, and gpu cooling, and better oc mobo's

* SLI and Crossfire capable boards in both AMD AM2 and Intel C2D(Q) flavors (I like choices :) )

* Improved Overclocking capability on the above boards

* Did I mention more motherboard choices?

* More higher end HSF or cooling options that fit in a SFF case

* Since I'm day dreaming, a portable LCD that folds up with the keyboard sort of like a rackmount LCD+keyboard tray so that I can take the SFF and LCD with me and also use the keyboard/LCD in my lap

* Better Motherboards

* Barring better motherboards, a SFF case that somehow manages to fit a normal sized ATX motherboard.

Cases:
- Better selection of good quality cube style cases.
- Need more hard drive bays. I would like to see a matx cube to hold 5 hard drives or so. I like the casemod one of our [H] members is working on with a ITX setup. Something along those lines, or even something so you could do a hotswap on the front with five drives like someone did a while back with a micro fly or shuttle.
- More slim cases for HTPC's.

Hardware:
- More home theater oriented stuff.
- Slim 1U/2U server style stuff.
- More powerful car-puter specific hardware.
- Slim HDDVD and Bluray drives for under $200.
- More 65nm and below low wattage CPU's.
- Lower wattage high performing GPU's.
- Solid state or hybrid hard drives.

QFT. I see absolutely zero in the way of innovation and originality with the SFF cube cases. Yeah, Ultra has some new units announced, but they look just like the same old case with a new faceplate on the front.

QFT. I see absolutely zero in the way of innovation and originality with the SFF cube cases. Yeah, Ultra has some new units announced, but they look just like the same old case with a new faceplate on the front.

the Qmicra is the most innovative. Perhaps they will be more innovative in the future.

I'm gonna email this to abit and see if they do anything :)

Nice! ABIT IMHO is one of the best motherboard makers around. I'd love to see a C2D SLI AND an AM2 one from ABIT. And a Crossfire one in each flavor, as I already mentioned. ABIT is just the right company to make these :).

Nice! ABIT IMHO is one of the best motherboard makers around. I'd love to see a C2D SLI AND an AM2 one from ABIT. And a Crossfire one in each flavor, as I already mentioned. ABIT is just the right company to make these :).
What's Abit had since the NF7? Abit has been hurting financially for awhile. Biostar has been the most mATX overclocking friendly company - might have better luck with them. Then again, finding a niche could be just what Abit needs to bring them back from the brink...

What's Abit had since the NF7? Abit has been hurting financially for awhile. Biostar has been the most mATX overclocking friendly company - might have better luck with them. Then again, finding a niche could be just what Abit needs to bring them back from the brink...

the NFM2 is a good board and some of their newer ones have gotten them back on track a little. They were suffering for awhile there.

I'm hoping Epox / eVGA will take the initiative to create another mATX SLI board based on C2D - the original photo's of the eVGA NF-44 prototype had an LGA 775 socket!

the Qmicra is the most innovative. Perhaps they will be more innovative in the future.

I love that the QMicra product is designed & manufactured in the US and isn't a flimsy piece of crap out of some Asian sweatshop. That is very appealing to me, and I am certainly willing to pay more for that. Having said that, $300 is just too hard to swallow.

I think there are some good ideas in their design, but the aesthetics are less than pleasing to me.

Oh I'm sure they are working on that :)

And yes, I talk to Dave about 3 times a week...along with all the other vendors for computer parts :( My phone bill is insane.

And yes, I talk to Dave about 3 times a week...along with all the other vendors for computer parts :( My phone bill is insane.

I bet yours isnt as high as mine. Im on the phone with my Vendors (car parts) in Germany, Austria, and the UK 5 days a week. :eek:

Anyway....
Everyone has some great points *Thumbs up*

Not topic specific but i cant wait for freakin' AMD's Quadcore. :mad:

Quad core ready board, Pci lock,NO onboard video, 7.1 on board sound with creative chip, 6 rear usb, 2 more on board usb, 4 ram slots, and NO Pcie X 1 slots.

You should step up to Vonage.

I thought about it but I am unsure of the quality...my sister has it and she says it varies day by day.
The quality is fine as long as you aren't raping your internet connection with torrents. I use a program called DU Super Controller that controls my bandwith so I don't get crappy phone quality. I don't have Vonage though, I have AT&T Callvantage. Same thing anyhow.. Consumer VOIP is consumer VOIP.

I thought about it but I am unsure of the quality...my sister has it and she says it varies day by day.

My phone quality is excellent. I recomend it to everyone and so far they all have been very happy, especially when the bill comes around :)

Also, you can adjust your quality settings.

Back