one30eight
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 16, 2004
- Messages
- 1,116
I have had the same case going on 6 years. I decided to upgrade it and then decided to upgrade a few more things. Here is where I am at.
As of right now I have a c2d e6550 that runs at 3.2, but can hit 3.4 on air. I have a 4850 and it seems to do just fine for what I play. I usually upgrade every two years and that is about now. In 2 weeks I have a thousand dollars that will be going into my PC, one of the following 2 ways.
1.) Buy a s775 quad, 2 HD for raid and short stroke the one I have now or maybe 1 ssd and one regular. A new GPU when Nvidia releases Fermi, probably a 57/58xx . 1 32" or higher LCD. Maybe a water cooling setup, depending on how much is left.
or
2.) Sell off most of what I have, combine with thousand and start new. I would probably be going with an i5 and the MSI P55-GD65.
I really like option one as what I have now is not that bad. I would like to go to quad core though. I am just not sure I want to do a whole new build. I do want to keep whatever I get for the next 2-3 years. I keep changing my mind, back and forth. I do have a Microcenter within an hour and the deals are hard to ignore. If I go with option 1, I will get the quad used, to save some money and get one I know should OC well.
Option 1? or Option 2?
As of right now I have a c2d e6550 that runs at 3.2, but can hit 3.4 on air. I have a 4850 and it seems to do just fine for what I play. I usually upgrade every two years and that is about now. In 2 weeks I have a thousand dollars that will be going into my PC, one of the following 2 ways.
1.) Buy a s775 quad, 2 HD for raid and short stroke the one I have now or maybe 1 ssd and one regular. A new GPU when Nvidia releases Fermi, probably a 57/58xx . 1 32" or higher LCD. Maybe a water cooling setup, depending on how much is left.
or
2.) Sell off most of what I have, combine with thousand and start new. I would probably be going with an i5 and the MSI P55-GD65.
I really like option one as what I have now is not that bad. I would like to go to quad core though. I am just not sure I want to do a whole new build. I do want to keep whatever I get for the next 2-3 years. I keep changing my mind, back and forth. I do have a Microcenter within an hour and the deals are hard to ignore. If I go with option 1, I will get the quad used, to save some money and get one I know should OC well.
Option 1? or Option 2?