What would you do with these products?

XLeezardx

[H]ardChef
I have all these things in my room right now (went on an impulse shopping spree), and I dont know what to do with it. What would some of you Audiophile/Gamers do with my equipment and how would you set this up? Any additional things I need to purchase since im still on the impulse?

1. M-Audio Fast Track Pro
2. Sterling Audio Condensor Microphone with desktop mic stand
3. Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
4. Logitech Z-5500 5.1
5. Squier Stratocaster Affinity Electric Guitar
6. Takamine EG561-C Electric/Accoustic Guitar
7. Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro

This is a strange question.

Obviously, you need split this stuff into two groups:
1) Fast Track+mic+Strat+EG561-C. You now have a band.
2) X-Fi+Z-5500. You now have a fairly decent PC setup.

You'll switch the DT770 around, obviously, between gaming duties on your PC and for monitoring duties when you're recording that band you just started (remember you just started a band?).

You'll need some cables of various types. A couple 1/4" unbalanced and an XLR cable (I prefer Canare StarQuad). Perhaps a guitar amp. And possibly a 'digital' coaxial cable to go digital out from the X-Fi to the Z-5500s, though any 75 ohm RCA-terminated interconnect will do.

This is a strange question.

Obviously, you need split this stuff into two groups:
1) Fast Track+mic+Strat+EG561-C. You now have a band.
2) X-Fi+Z-5500. You now have a fairly decent PC setup.

You'll switch the DT770 around, obviously, between gaming duties on your PC and for monitoring duties when you're recording that band you just started (remember you just started a band?).

You'll need some cables of various types. A couple 1/4" unbalanced and an XLR cable (I prefer Canare StarQuad). Perhaps a guitar amp. And possibly a 'digital' coaxial cable to go digital out from the X-Fi to the Z-5500s, though any 75 ohm RCA-terminated interconnect will do.

Wow, exactly the answer I was looking for..THANKS! Im trying to set up a miniture recording studio for Voice and guitar, but i dont know how to set these things up with what I got. I got the Talent, but not the knowledge in Audio equipment. My goal is to be able to use my PC as an AMP to jam out and produce different guitar effects. Is that possible with my set up? Is it also possible to have sound coming from my M-Audo Fast Track pro to my Z-5500 Speakers? Or do I have to buy seperate powered monitor speakers?

My goal is to be able to use my PC as an AMP to jam out and produce different guitar effects. Is that possible with my set up?
Yes, but you can expect some latency with this kind of setup, whereas standalone amps won't exhibit any. Take a look at some of Line6's stuff.

Is it also possible to have sound coming from my M-Audo Fast Track pro to my Z-5500 Speakers?
Yeah, sure. You'll need to either convert the analog outputs to a single 3.5mm stereo male or use the digital output (if it even has one).

The Z-5500 control box has 1 coax jack and 1 Fiber optical port.
The Fast Track Pro has S/PDIF I/O jacks.
The Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum has I/O front drive bay with 2 Optical ports and I/O coax jacks.

Looks like my only option is to buy a digital coax cable to go from my S/PDIF on the Fast Track to the coax jack on Z-5500 control box. What do you think? Ahhhh so many ports, so confusing.

hmmm, i remember a thread on another forum that was discussing guitar + x-fi = effects, and i am pretty sure they decided it was pretty pointless, but you may aswell try it out for yourself...

i would say definately use the logitech speakers as they do sound great as an amp, i used my X530's as a keyboard amp until the keyboard player in my band broke them, luckily, the guitarist decided he didn't want to use his 65W fender amp anymore...

I tried to set thsi up last night. For some reason I cannot get sound of out my logitech speakers. No signal going to the Digital Coax.

the anser to your question has been bothering me all morning.

I've concluded that there is no right answer. There is only to give to me as I like your hardware :)

Back