What would the coolest running 4TB drive be?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I am looking to upgrade some of my 2 TB drives. Looking for the coolest running 4 TB drives. Any thoughts?

Hitachi 0S03359 Pretty compatible with pretty much all HW RAID cards, but what are you looking to use them for (NAS, Bulk Storage, OS drives, etc?)

Hitachi 0S03359 Pretty compatible with pretty much all HW RAID cards, but what are you looking to use them for (NAS, Bulk Storage, OS drives, etc?)

They would be specifically Mass storage drives. My 2 other 4 TB drives run very hot. Definitely want nice cool drives going forward.

One with lightning bolts or flames on its side? Maybe a Firebird painted on it?

I can attest to this disk running pretty cool. I upgraded my old RAID array to these 4TB disks, and my old 7200RPM Seagates ran about 42-45C in my 3U 16 bay chassis, but these new 4TB disks barely break 30C on load.

I have 24 of the drives I linked above in a box at home, and a couple of hundred in boxes at work. As long as you have some airflow, they rarely break 35C on load. If you have good airflow, they will do 5-7 under that.

Back