• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What would fit here...?

pedalhead

n00b
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
10
Hi @. I've just built up a linux media server with an EPIA 800 cpu. Thing is, the cpu fan is far too noisy, so I'd like to swap it out for either a passive heatsink (although I don't know if this will provide enough cooling), or more likely a quiet hsf. I'm not sure what would be suitable for something this size. It looks to me like a GPU cooler might fit, but the presence of those capacitors might be a problem. So, I thought I'd ask the experts first (you lot!). Any suggestions? Cheers.

via_epia_800.jpg
 
It looks like the 40mm variety of GPU/Chipset heatsinks will fit but the question is if it can effectively cool the C3 processor. Supposedly the C3/C7 processors can take a beating thermally but I haven't had any personal experience with it. Anyhow let us know what you decide to do and how it works out for you. I plan on building a mini-itx system in the near future so it would be good info to know. :cool:
 
Back
Top