What would cause Youtube videos to just stop loading?

vasta

Gawd
I'm assuming this is a Windows issue or some setting issue, I'm not sure

I had an entire post typed up then the power flickered and Firefox didn't save what I typed so I'll make this one short

Any HD video I play on Youtube starts loading fine then it randomly stops loading, Windows install is about 2 weeks old, no strange programs or processes, no viruses, no spyware, videos load fine on other computers even my laptop with wireless, it happens on Firefox and Chrome, Chrome has zero addons, normal low quality videos load from start to finish fine

2r6kx35.png

Thats what happens with every HD video, it loads fine then just stops

Not sure where to start...

I have this issue too occasionally between a wide range of devices and operating systems. I always assumed it was a problem on youtubes end.

What I'll normally do to correct it is move the slider slightly forward of the 'break', let it rebuffer, and then back it up a little bit. It will usually play fine from that point forward. I have no idea why is does this, but it does.

Crappy router can cause this. I had a friend who's Belkin router would eat itself like that.

Try a direct connection to the modem, if you're not already set up like that.

Router firmware possibly. I was getting blocked sites at random, Amazon is what made me think it was on my end not my ISP's. I updated my router and voila, success.

Back