• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What would cause sudden temp rise?

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
6,781
ATi 4870. I always keep the fan at 35%, before it was 55 idle and 75 load, now its 70 idle and 90+load.
 
i set my fan manually @ 50% from ccc overdrive. i have the Sapphire 4870 1GB with custom heat pipe cooler. idle around 42-43c and can reach to 65c during gaming.

for your case, is the fan running? that will be the first question i would have asked myself.
 
everythng is running. My Asus 4870 is running fine and cool, same fan speed. The visiontek all the sudden is higher by alot. It was fine 2 days ago for many hours after I installed crossfire. Could that have something to do with it. ?
 
AFter messing with everything from rivatuner to CCC i think a sensor is wrong. It will say my dan is @ 90% ( when i set to auto) but i barely hear it. Plus when its @ 90% the temps go up..... I think its RMA time ?
 
ATi 4870. I always keep the fan at 35%, before it was 55 idle and 75 load, now its 70 idle and 90+load.

Not the smae card (I have 4870x2) but I have the same problem. I keep mine set to 45% manual, used to idle at ~45c, now Idles at 60c. Only thing that has changed is the temp.
 
Turns out its my ASUS. I've had it about 2 weeks. Going to contact them today. I thought maybe my comp didnt like 9.2 drivers, but i did 9.1 as well with same thing.
 
Back
Top