• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What would be the better card? I need something cheap.

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
6,016
Ok so im on a budget here and need a card that does not require psu connection.

It's an epic battle between http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133136 FX5700

or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102335 9600xt
or anything else somebody knows of. I just want something dirt cheap to tide this piece of shit over a little longer till I can shell out for a total overhaul. I just want something to run BF2. Medium / low. My GF4 looks like shit (mainly due to the fact thats it's unsupported and is pretty much using a hack to play)
 
I didn't know anyone actually still thought about buying an FX video card. Those cards are considered the one failed product that Nvidia created.

By far a Radeon 9600 XT would be worth it. Unless you wanna get involved in the never ending battle to see if the Geforce FX cards were truely a DX9 graphics card.

Of course at the prices you're looking at I'd rather get a Geforce 6600.

Geforce 6600 but 64-bit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145113

Geforce 6600 128-bit 256 MB but refurbished.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814139173R


I'd get the refurbished but that's me.
 
Get yourself a Radeon 9800 Pro at those prices. They can be found brand new now at around $120.
 
he cant get a radeon 9800... he has to get one that doesnt require molex connector.. i would say go with the 9600XT

the 9600XT suppots open gl 2.0, has faster core and memory speeds.

i thought the FX series used molex connectors...my gf has a 5600ultra and my friend has an 59xx XT and they both used molex connectors
 
Skrying said:
Lol, that 6600 will probably soak up more power than the 9800 Pro.

Also, many 6600s have the extra connector.

I'd like to know why he cant use a card that needs a molex connector.

skyring he cant use it... because he said he cant use it...we were helping him with that
 
Back
Top