what would be a perfect case for E-ATX mobo?

I've got some experience with this. Usually, with those Antec towers you'll have to cut out the lower 3.5" drive cages and their slide mounts in order to accomodate an E-ATX motherboard. The CoolerMaster Stacker can be purchased at any Fry's or CompUSA and is fully E-ATX compliant. They are also ATX, BTX compliant as well. Although for BTX use you'd need to get the BTX thermal module for a true BTX motherboard.

They are great cases with build quality every bit as good as Antec's and they aren't bad looking either. It's the roomiest case I've ever worked with and the machine in my sig fits in there with room to spare. The cooling on the Stacker is also about the best you can get. It's truely exceptional all around.

Another choice is the Antec Titan. It's new and I've never actually seen them for sale. Although after looking at it and deciding the Stacker was better, I haven't gone searching for one either. You might want to give it a look as well. I have no idea what the Titan is priced at.

Sir-Fragalot said:
I've got some experience with this. Usually, with those Antec towers you'll have to cut out the lower 3.5" drive cages and their slide mounts in order to accomodate an E-ATX motherboard. The CoolerMaster Stacker can be purchased at any Fry's or CompUSA and is fully E-ATX compliant. They are also ATX, BTX compliant as well. Although for BTX use you'd need to get the BTX thermal module for a true BTX motherboard.

They are great cases with build quality every bit as good as Antec's and they aren't bad looking either. It's the roomiest case I've ever worked with and the machine in my sig fits in there with room to spare. The cooling on the Stacker is also about the best you can get. It's truely exceptional all around.

Another choice is the Antec Titan. It's new and I've never actually seen them for sale. Although after looking at it and deciding the Stacker was better, I haven't gone searching for one either. You might want to give it a look as well. I have no idea what the Titan is priced at.

actually i cant afford The CoolerMaster Stacker :( Im just looking for a budget case I dont care if its ugly or not because it will be staying in my closet

Doufer said:
actually i cant afford The CoolerMaster Stacker :( Im just looking for a budget case I dont care if its ugly or not because it will be staying in my closet

I understand. However, the CoolerMaster Stacker is just about the only retail available E-ATX case, and even if it weren't, it's still the cheap by normal E-ATX case standards.

Doufer said:

Yeah e-atx comes at a premium price because it's mainly enthusiasts, and servers that run boards that size. The stacker you can pick up for less than $200 which is alot cheaper than some of the e-atx lian li cases or even a inexpensive server case. The upside is that the stacker will last you...well...a long long time. You will not need to get a new case for a long time making it a worth while investment.

defakto said:
Yeah e-atx comes at a premium price because it's mainly enthusiasts, and servers that run boards that size. The stacker you can pick up for less than $200 which is alot cheaper than some of the e-atx lian li cases or even a inexpensive server case. The upside is that the stacker will last you...well...a long long time. You will not need to get a new case for a long time making it a worth while investment.

They retail at CompUSA for $179.99. I've yet to see a price on the Antec Titan.

eBay. Seriously. Pick up a 4U rackmount case (That's the exact same as a regular tower case, in case you didn't know. Well... A bit longer) for way cheap. Sometimes with a free crappy computer inside :)

I have the Titan, got it off of amazon for 177 shipped. It comes with the True Power II 550 EPS which is a good power supply considering the price of the case. It's definitely larger then my Antec 3700 but smaller then my HP ML370. On a side note, there are 2 versions, version 1 was recalled because it would not allow the mounting of an atx board. I got a version one the first time, sent it back to amazon and they next day aired a version 2 out to me. All they did was remove one of the motherboard mounting posts that prevented atx boards from being installed in the case. One thing I don't like is it doesn't have removable posts, they're in there for good and there are no holes to add additional posts. Because of this, my ATX motherboard only mounts on six posts, instead of the normal 10. But that shouldn't apply to you since your using a E-ATX board anyway. Still waiting for someone to let the AMD tech tour bundle go for around the price they bought it, so I can stuff an E-ATX in mine :)

SomeoneWhoIsntMe said:
Dragon-style cases (Chieftec and Chenming) can take boards up to 12"x13", IIRC

edit:
Steel:
Blue w/ Window
Black w/ vents
Beige
Charcoal
Black
Black w/ Window
Tall Silver
Tall Beige
Aluminum:
Black w/ Window
Silver w/ Window

Those are basically the same as the Antec 1080 series Towers. However the standard SOHO Antec Tower's drive cages get in the way of the actual second processor socket. Although you can actually mount ATX mobos in there. I know, I've physcially run into this problem. I had to purchase a Chenbro tower for the customer whos system it was.

Cbone said:
The perfect case for an E-ATX mobo? MINE!

Seriously though, it is a damn fine case.

If the stacker is too much at about 180+ shipping yours is definately more than he wants to spend. Hell, i want yours I just can't justify the price right now.

It was worth a shot. :D

More than the case, what are you going to do for power? If you are planning on getting the PSU separately, expect to pay a lot for quality. If you are going to get a case that will handle an E-ATX mobo, and comes with a quality server caliber PSU, expect to pay a fortune++.

The v2100 is such a pretty server case....oh so pretty...almost had one, if only they'd been on sale when i was building my system like the stacker was.

My personal favorite is the Yeong Yang YY-W201 I think it was like $180 shipped. I just got this cheaper Chenbro a few months back and it's pretty nice (I think it was $79 from Chief Value).

Back