What was your last great game?

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
Either Xbox or PC, doesn't matter to me. I played through both versions multiple times. I just can't get enough of that game.

Final Fantasy X.
As mentioned earlier, everything up until the end. It was a fantastic adventure, but the end was just mediocre at best.

Mass Effect was good, not great, but good. It doesn't have the same replay value that KotOR does, for me. I couldn't tell you what's missing, but there's something that just isn't there the second time around. Eventually I'll pick it up and push through it a few more times, I'm sure.

Call of Duty 4 was a distraction at best. It gave me something to do for a week or so.

The last game that really blew me away and get me involved on a higher level was Battlefield 2. Before that it was Tribes 2. My average play session on Tribes 2 was about 3 hours.

For single player, I just had a higher-level experience with Call of Duty 4. Before that I really got a lot out of Quake 4 and Prey. I thought Bioshock or Crysis would be the love of my gaming life thus far, but despite both being fantastic games I just didn't get as much fun out of it as COD4.

PC: Battlefield 2 and 2142
PS2: Dragon Quest 8
DS: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

I would list WoW but thats more addictive then great. :D

1.half life 2 (nothin is much better to me revolutionized pc gaming)
2. painkiller.(for some reason i just love it and still play it)
3 c&c 3 best rts ever to me(but i just started playing sins of a solar empire. so that might replace it)

COD4 for me, and before that was probably Gears of War...I definitely dig Mass Effect right now as well...

First would probably Suikoden II. Still haven't found a game that could top it; V was great, but didn't go above and beyond.

Second would be Oblivion; which is the definition of going above and beyond, really. :D

PC-wise, COD4. I haven't played such an entertaining single player FPS in quite a while. I hope they make expansions or something because I'd love to play more missions.

First - Diablo
Second - Starcraft
Third - Half Life 1/2 mods

Now - Warcraft 3 - DotA

As you can see I don't really have a lot of new games in my lineup. I usually play through all the new stuff and revert back to my oldies.

Deus Ex. no game i have played has ever come close to being as epic as the origional Deus Ex was.

Deus Ex. no game i have played has ever come close to being as epic as the origional Deus Ex was.
No doubt. DE is a first ballot unanimous hall of famer. I go back to it every 4-6 months just to remind myself what a truly great game is supposed to be. I love COD4, but to me it's a grab-you-by-the-throat thrill ride. Someone else around here said it's like the TV show 24. I agree. DE is a grand adventure with lots of twists/turns that wind through an epic storyline.

Psychonauts
The Sims
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast: I spent my life playing this game haha.

I enjoy CoD4, TF2, Crysis, etc, but...they aren't as epic...but I seem to be out of the norm, and I the only one who found Bioshock tedious and mundane?

All I play now is CSS and WoW...

for me what made that game a great one was spawning 100s of stormtroopers and then spawning 1-2 jedi and just standing back and watching the carnage.... that game was awesome for setting up fun fights when using the cheats....

a good fight is 2 jedi vs 10-15 regular reborns.

ahhh good times

Psychonauts
The Sims

I enjoy CoD4, TF2, Crysis, etc, but...they aren't as epic...but I seem to be out of the norm, and I the only one who found Bioshock tedious and mundane?

All I play now is CSS and WoW...

Psychonauts is a fun game judging by the demo, should probalby get it sometime...

...also - have you tried Star wars Jedi Academy?

Civilization
The Settlers
Final Liberation
Counter Strike
Kotor I
Kotor II
Witcher

nothing else can match up to them

Metal Gear Solid on PS is my all time favorite. That game at the time and for me still has one of the best story. It had all the elements of a great story, action, drama, conspiracy, "romance", and suspense to name a few off the top of my head.

Half Life was another one that had me glued to the screen.

Starcraft is my all time favorite RTS. I spent many hours playing online and playing custom maps. I hope I will enjoy Starcraft 2 as much as I did Starcraft when it comes out.

Counter Strike was all I played for online FPS. I started to play BF2 more when it came out.

Recent titles:
COD4 was straight forward nonstop cinema style action
Crysis was more versatile. I did enjoy the first half more.
Boishock am I still trying to finish. I want to know what happened.

I have Stalker but my first impression wasn't so great. I might have to give it more play time. Just got the Orange Box not long ago, yea I know I'm late on this one. I only skim the surface of Half Life 2 and Team Fortress so I still have a long ways to go. There are so many good games, that are out and are coming out, that there is not enough time to enjoy them unless you were in middle or even high school.

I think I found my games more enjoyable when I was a younger. With a busy life and a lot of responsibility its hard to relax and enjoy a game.

The Witcher - still playing it.

Before that, STALKER, Portal and HL 2 Episode 2 were all great games.

COD 4, Crysis and Bioshock all fell short of classic status for one reason or another.

Halo 3 and Rock Band at the moment.

Before getting a 360, it was LOTR - BFME2:WK, the Sims 2, and CSS.

Presently enjoying Sins of a Solar Empire. Somehow, I think the modding community will make this an even better game in the years to come.

Homeworld was fantastic, it's difficult to come across such an expertly crafted single player campaign that really made you care about what was going on.

Starcraft's single player campaign is still one of my favorites. Perfect voice acting, good storyline, good twists, everything to satisfy a Sci-Fi RTS nerd.

Beyond that, the only FPS games that have really impressed me over the past few years have been the Call of Duty series (1,2,4), Portal, and Half-Life 2. The rest have been kinda "meh."

None of the above, however, compare to the greatness that is Deus Ex. Those that have played know exactly what I'm talking about..

Oblivion completely floored me until I locked myself in my house for 1 month and played it like 14 hours a day for 30 days. Now I've pretty much seen most the stuff and got tired of the gameplay.

Before that Counter-Strike: Source was my first experience with online shooters and it proved to be a blast, I played it craploads for 3 years and still play it occasionally.

The game with the most staying power for me has been Smash Brothers Melee though, it's very simple to learn, yet very hard to master... I just love the fighting concept about Nintendo all stars duking it out. Which is why I'm very excited for Brawl.

Also I would like to mention Mount and Blade, it didn't floor me... but it offered a decent horse combat system, and I would really like to find another game that offers mounted horse combat (besides Zelda, so if you know of any please pm me).

Those are pretty much the only games that I've really gotten into the past 4 years. But here's a short list of games that floored me for their respective time periods.

-Double Dragon II
-Super Mario Bros III
-Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Super Smash Brothers
-Baulders Gate II
-Empire Earth

I have Stalker but my first impression wasn't so great. I might have to give it more play time. Just got the Orange Box not long ago, yea I know I'm late on this one. I only skim the surface of Half Life 2 and Team Fortress so I still have a long ways to go. There are so many good games, that are out and are coming out, that there is not enough time to enjoy them unless you were in middle or even high school.

I think I found my games more enjoyable when I was a younger. With a busy life and a lot of responsibility its hard to relax and enjoy a game.

dont feel bad, i just started Half-Life 2 yesterday for the first time. So far so good! Getting older is a bitch huh. i do miss the carefree days of 5-6 hours of online play per day(whichever game it might have been) almost everyday of the week.

dont feel bad, i just started Half-Life 2 yesterday for the first time. So far so good! Getting older is a bitch huh. i do miss the carefree days of 5-6 hours of online play per day(whichever game it might have been) almost everyday of the week.
Just follow my simple philosophy for ultimate happiness:

No wife/girlfriend + No kids = The freedom to spend all my time and money on ME!!! :D

Presently enjoying Sins of a Solar Empire. Somehow, I think the modding community will make this an even better game in the years to come.

love the game, but I hate how ships just move into range and sit still while firing. at least with homeworld, ships would maneuver around.

No wife/girlfriend + No kids = The freedom to spend all my time and money on ME!!! :D

please add job that requires lots of overtime due to understaffing to that list as well.

On the other hand, those of us like me with 4 Kids, an X-Wife getting a check and Fitting the bill for everything single handedly makes Hardware and Software Purchases a little tight. :)

On the "+" side, I never have to fetch a beer while gaming, just yell really loud.

Back