What was your First Console?

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
..back when I was about 12 or so (?) , me dear ol' mum bought me a black & white 13" TV and an Atari 2600 that came with the game Combat ..I played that thing to death and went thru about 4 or 5 joysticks on that thing

I went on to get many other titles
Pac-Man
River Raid
Pitfall
Donkey Kong
Night Driver (yay for paddles)
Berzerker
Missle Command
Asteroids
Space Invaders
..some game that you shoot a dude out of a cannon and try and land on a safety net or something , and many more titles that I cant remember the names of

After playing NES in college , I soon bought a SNES and was the dorm master at Super Tennis ... I never lost (except to computer players at first). Came home and spent many a long nite with friends playing Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter II Turbo..

bought a N64 much later and didnt play it much
..and now I'll have an X360 this week :)

my first console was a the PSone :p im 17 btw. i got in late since where i grew up (India) who knew what this whole "video game" thing was lol

Pong, or a clone thereof.

then we had a Vectrex, a Coleco Vision, Atari... quite a few.

so far the only console i haven't owned was the Sega Saturn (edit: and the PS3 / Wii, since I'm not much of a launch monkey)

My first console was an Intellivision.... B-17 Bomber FTW.

Then Sega Master System
Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
PS1
XBOX360

Pong, or a clone thereof.

then we had a Vectrex, a Coleco Vision, Atari... quite a few.

so far the only console i haven't owned was the Sega Saturn (edit: and the PS3 / Wii, since I'm not much of a launch monkey)

wow..not only are you a mod ..but your like Yoda of console owners :p

Atari 2600 here.

I then owned an NES, Atari 5200, Genesis, PS, XBOX, PS2, GC, and now a Wii. I'll buy a 360 in a few months.

My roommates in college had N64 and DC so I logged hundreds of hours on those consoles as well.

About the only major console I missed was the SNES.

The first console I had was the original NES, but my dad played it more than I did. He was hooked on Solar Jetman (yeah, how many of you know what THAT game is!).

My mom and I played Gauntlet.

Sega Master System.
It was already in the house when I was born, however.

Shortly after I was born, my father got a NES and I guess that would either be my first or second console (depending if the Master System counts or not).

Coleco here. My cousin gave me his.
Since then I've gotten the NES, Genesis (w/ Master System converter), Sega CD, 32X, SNES, Lynx (which broke quickly and was returned), Jaguar (Gamefan magazine suckered me), Gameboy, Saturn, PS1, N64, PS2, GameCube, DS, 360, Wii, and PS3.

Aah the sweet memories. Xbox 360. Gears of Wars I remember almost like yesterday. It was abolutely fantastic.

to bad it died on me the 14th november 2006 after a two week love affar :D

My parents had a vic 20 does that count ;)

I dunno if it counts as a console, but we had some device that came with a light gun and yu played tapes in your VCR that were the games, and at the end of them the device would give you a score. Cant remember the name of it but I knwo there was a haunted house game and a fighter pilot game with it.

Glad Kaos chimed in so I don't feel too old:p

Atari VCS......yes, the original and not the 2600 late 80's re-release.;)
then we have..
NES
Sega genesis
Sega Saturn
PS1
Xbox
Xbox360

My first console was an NES that I got when I was about 2 (born in '85). Since then, I've been a bit of a Nintendo fan. ;)

NES
Gameboy
SNES
Gameboy Color
n64
Xbox
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo DS
Wii

The first console I had was the original NES, but my dad played it more than I did. He was hooked on Solar Jetman (yeah, how many of you know what THAT game is!).

That game was HARD. I loved that game. The controls were kinda funky, though.

My first system was an Intellivision and an Atari ST personal computer. From there, I got an NES, and I've been a gamer ever since. I'm 23.

I started on the Odessey, and the TI-99(more of a computer but eh), then got an N64, PS2, and now a Wii

Well, I got a Game Gear back in 1991 when I was 3, don't know if that counts or not. My first real console was a Genesis, which I got for Xmas 1993 at the age of 5. My 3-year-old little brother and myself stayed up late all sorts of nights playing The Great Circus Mystery, that was great...

Gameboy
PS2
PSP

Although I had a Gameboy when I was young, I don't consider it a console. The PS2 was my first console at the age of 22. I got it for free, and only paid for the modchip. I remember a Sega Master when I was young. It was my brothers and I wasn't allowed to play it because I was only like 5 or 6. I never got into console gaming. I got a PS2 just to play Gran Turismo 4, and I'll probably get a PS3 just for Gran Turismo 5.

Pong, if you can call it a console.
It had no cartridges and metal toggle switches for a 2 player or single player game.

Pong, if you can call it a console.
It had no cartridges and metal toggle switches for a 2 player or single player game.

all these memories resurfacing ..I think I played one of those at my grandma's house as a wee little lad'

Atari 2600.
SEGA Genesis
Nintendo 64
[P
C

G
A
M
I
N
G]
Xbox 360

My first was a Game Gear when I was around 3 or 4, and I didn't get anything after that until the ps2 came out (mostly pc gamer). It broke about 3 years later, and until I got my 360 a week ago I've spent my time on the pc.

My first was an atari 2600 the old huge one, then the slimmed down one when the old one died.

everthing else
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Turbo Grafix16
GameGear
Gameboy
Gameboy advance
N64
3DO (yes one of the few)
PS1
PS2
PS3
XBOX1
XBOX360

I think thats it :p

My first was the original Pong.

After that - Atari 2600, Intellivision, NES 1, Sega, PS1, Xbox, and now the 360.

TI 99/4A if that counts
Master System when I was 8 and the rest within a year of their release
Genesis
Sega CD
Gamegear
32X
Saturn
Dreamcast
Xbox
DS (sold for lite)
Xbox360

NES.

Scandal!...I remember cheating in duck hunt by going up to the screen. I was 4.

Back