What was the last game you loaded for nostalgic purposed??

i was trying to find a version of Descent, the original, that would run in XP last time i tried to load an old game for nostalgia, before that i think it was Mechwarrior 3......

Commander Keen: Goodbye, Galaxy!

omg when I was like 7-8 years old me and my dad would play this. Oh, it brought back so many memories and frustrations when I played this.

I still think it is one of the best games ever to date. Good old early 90's

OH another one.

I came home from work and found this in the mail

p_00005-1.jpg

I totally forgot I bought it from Amazon.com on monday.

Red Faction was one of my favorites on Ps2 so I had to get it for PC. :D :D :D
Only $7 shipped too. Brand new.

God I love old games.

I recently reinstalled Starcraft and Diablo 1.

I still play Warcraft III heh

SNES9x so I could play Aerobiz Supersonic and Uncharted Waters : New Horizons. I grew up on Nintendo and Koei.

Been playing colonization in anticipation of the remake. Even tried Masters of Magic awhile ago for old times sake. (Thank god for turn based old games)
Alpha centauri...(Doesn't even need a remake but i think it may get one someday)
Tried to reload the horde but still no luck on getting it to run or work...(Had trouble even when it was new...lol)

I upgraded to Vista Ultimate 64x, recently. After installing my apps and tweaking everything to my preferences, I immediately re-installed Deus Ex and Diablo 2. I still haven't played them, but it feels good having them on my hard drive, close by and just a mouse-click away from me.

I recently got Undying. Never tried it back in the day. I'm enjoying it. I still play Q3 Arena. Not for nostalgia reasons, though, I just like it. ;)

Undying, but in widescreen this time around and much smoother than my 1gig PIII, 256megs of ram and geforce 4 was the last time I played it :p

Lemmings 2 : The Tribes on my Amiga 3000T.
I may get the Amiga from the closet this week and play on it some more since I have a few older games I want to play.

Pic from a while back when I hooked up the Amiga to play it,
amiga3k.jpg

Diablo 2 yesterday, but before that it was X-Com just a couple weeks ago.

Diablo 1 and after that will be Diablo 2... I wonder if I was influenced by a certain recent announcment :D

Oh yeah, and Space Rangers 1. Playing it before Space Rangers 2: Reboot is released in a few weeks.

Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal. Its amazing how many hours I have played this game and still find some new things everytime I play.

Original Metroid and Zelda for the NES

UT99 (amazing that there are still gobs of populated servers for that game)

AVP2 (inspired by the scary game thread)

Painkiller, after Yahtzee was waxing euphoric over the electrodriver gun a little while back.

Kind of bored at work and wanted to see what people have loaded up lately to bring them back in time. For me, I loaded up MDK 2 last night and had a blast playing the first few missions. I saw it mentioned in another thread the other day and it brought back images and good memories from when I first played the game back when it was released. So fire away what you have loaded up lately!

wow, i haven't played mdk2 in ages... wonder if i even have it anymore

PC:
Ultima 8 Pagan
System Shock 2 (actually, this is constantly installed on my PC, because I play through it pretty much yearly)
System Shock (same as above, but bi-yearly)
Syndicate

SNES:
Secret of Evermore

Amiga:
Turrican 2
Shadow of the Beast 2
Agony

C64:
Archon (I play this whenever I have people over)
MULE (this too)

Just loaded Morrowind again yesterday. Graphics look really dated now, but I remember why I liked the game so much... :D

Great Thread!

I loaded up Wing Commander 4 the other week.. Q9300 made it FLY.. But.. It was so Low Resolution, it was difficult o get into...

Back