• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What was the largest gaming console?

Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
13
Simply put, which gaming console case was the largest? I know people have made NES mods but I wanna see what else can be done. Can an atari be made? Turbografx 16? Will an XPC mobo fit in a gamecube?
 
The biggest of the recent ones is the Xbox. I seem to remember a company selling PCs in a console case. Oh wait...that was Infinium Labs!! :D
 
XBox is probably the biggest, although making a PC mod in a xbox case isn't very exciting. You should try with a SNES or something, I'd like to see that.
 
the largest console I think was probably the xbox.

the atari something 800 series comes to mind, but that was designed to be more of an entire computer than just a game console. my cousin had one. had a full keyboard, a couple of cassette tape drives, and a couple of 5.25 disk drives. hooked into the tv. I remember it was a pretty expensive system. (I dont remember much i was about 5-7 years of age)
 
easily the xbox. as we all know, it practically is a PC. the Neo Geo was pretty big, but not like XBox.
 
Way back in the day, my Atari 5200 was bigger than an XBox by about 50%. The god damn thing had ti sit on the floor because it wouldn't fit on top of our 27" TV. What's weirder about it is that none of the other Atari consoles were anywhere near that big.
 
djnes said:
The biggest of the recent ones is the Xbox. I seem to remember a company selling PCs in a console case. Oh wait...that was Infinium Labs!! :D

That can't be.... they dont have anything to sell. Its all a fake.
 
djnes said:
The biggest of the recent ones is the Xbox. I seem to remember a company selling PCs in a console case. Oh wait...that was Infinium Labs!! :D


Burn!

But please, don't mame an old working console, And most are prolly worth some money.

But The xbox is a PC minus PCI slots.

Try maybe a ps2? I know MiniITX has a whole bunch of console mods
 
somone should mod a 3DO lol
 
I have a 3do for sale, I posted it in the sub forum, For sale or trade, FS: parts for a proliant 1500, 5000, 3000. It is somewhere it that forum, try doing a search for it.
If someone wants to do a mod with this, I am sure as happy to help.
 
Magnavox Odyssey 2 probably wins. Spent mucho time playing pickaxe pete.

Magnavox_Odyssey_2_Large.jpg


Colecovision was big, as was atari 5200, as was the first intellivision.

The x-box is only big by modern console standards.
 
I think Sega might have this one.. But technically it's not a "console" it's a console plus all it's addons..

1St Gen Sega Genesis (With the volume knob on the front)
1St Gen Sega CD (The one that sat underneath the console with the weird connector)
Sega 32x that sat on top of the genesis unit..

segacd32x.gif


Riley
 
Back
Top