What video editing software should I buy?

GenBanks

Gawd
Hi,

I've recently been getting into editing videos, but have only used Windows Movie Maker so far. I'm starting to feel limited by it though, like I want more control over effects, timing of sound, etc etc. I just want more control overall I guess, and access to more professional looking effects.

I'm wondering what software I should buy to upgrade from Windows Movie Maker?

Based on the research I've done so far, the choices are:

Adobe Premiere Elements 7
Corel VideoStudio X2 Pro Ultimate
Cyberlink Power Director Ultra 7
Pinnacle Studio Ultimate v12

Which of these would [H] users recommend?

(and on a side note, I've also noticed some of the professional stuff, like Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and the Apple one, but I'm shocked at how much they cost so won't be getting those lol. Do they really make that much of a difference?)

Ok thanks, I'll give that a try.

Is there any reason why that's less publicized than the big names like Adobe Premiere etc?

As far as Final Cut Pro and Premier, I would say yes, they are that much better. If you are on an Apple system, FCP is the only way to go. Greatest NLE I have ever used.

My wife uses PowerDirector and loves it, but it seemed very buggy when I tried it. I have been using Pinnacle Studio since version 10, and it seems pretty good, although I haven't tried 12 yet. They switched engines between 10 and 11, I think, and it made a huge difference.

Back