What version of Norton Ghost = Bootable CD?

BurntToast

2[H]4U
What version of ghost can you boot up with a CD-ROM and from their backup your data?

The old versions had bootable floppy disks (v.8). The new version (v.10) does some sort of windows live cd and it takes FOREVER!

I used to have a cd that did what v.8 did, but with a cd not floppy. does anyone happent o recall that version?

Thanks

8 was suppost to have a boot from CD but I never got it to work had to use floppy. 9 and 10 are basicly the same. Both making bootable cd images. I do have a copy of Drive Image 7 before Symantec bought them but I've never used it. I do like Ghost 9/10 better then prior versions just wish they would make it support wireless cards.

I've always made my own bootable CDs, just because it was just as simple. I use a Win98 bootable floppy image, and then stick the ghost.exe file and the ghost image on a DVD.

What version of ghost can you boot up with a CD-ROM and from their backup your data?

The old versions had bootable floppy disks (v.8). The new version (v.10) does some sort of windows live cd and it takes FOREVER!

I used to have a cd that did what v.8 did, but with a cd not floppy. does anyone happent o recall that version?

Thanks

If you have problems making your own bootable Ghost CD you can look for Hiren's Boot CD 8.6 on the web. It has Ghost 8.3 on it.

Back