• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what vcore should I be running?

Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
18
X2 4200 @ 235x11 fsb= 2.585ghz
i have it set to auto vcore and it runs stable in games and benchmarks, but I get the feeling prime might kill it if I dont manually set the vcore. Whats a good idea of a range I should be looking at setting it to? My crappy MB only allows 1.45 max.
 
If 1.45 is your max use that. It is safe. I run 1.6 through 90nm AMD procs 24/7, usually past that i see minimal gains...

Also, it sounds ot me like you think Auto changes the voltages as load applies. This is not the case. Auto sets it to whatever the internal ROM in the CPU tells it to (usually 1.35 or 1.4 for 90nm procs). You might see slight fluctuation but this is not caused by a BIOS setting, it is the physcial power regulator that fluctuates.
 
Back
Top