Einhanderkiller
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2006
- Messages
- 2,363
Audio noob here.
Here's my problem: the audio quality when recording through "What U Hear" sucks. (I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card.) I need to record the audio that is being played on my PC for recording game videos, but the only method of recording the audio that I know of is by using What U Hear.
Is there any other method?
Is there a way to improve the sound quality? (I read somewhere that it may be because of the compression technique used.)
Thanks.
Here's an example of the audio. As you can hear, there is a lot of popping and cracking, and the sound is a bit muted. It's even worse in other games such as Team Fortress 2.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Crysis_Assault_Test/
EDIT: Just updated to the newest X-Fi driver (March 14, 2008). What U Hear quality has improved significantly. I'd still like to know of some other methods of recording audio, though.
Here's my problem: the audio quality when recording through "What U Hear" sucks. (I have a Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card.) I need to record the audio that is being played on my PC for recording game videos, but the only method of recording the audio that I know of is by using What U Hear.
Is there any other method?
Is there a way to improve the sound quality? (I read somewhere that it may be because of the compression technique used.)
Thanks.
Here's an example of the audio. As you can hear, there is a lot of popping and cracking, and the sound is a bit muted. It's even worse in other games such as Team Fortress 2.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Crysis_Assault_Test/
EDIT: Just updated to the newest X-Fi driver (March 14, 2008). What U Hear quality has improved significantly. I'd still like to know of some other methods of recording audio, though.