What type of dremel do you use?

TSx

Gawd
I've been searching around for a cheap one that'll work good for cutting a case, but hadn't really seen any recommendations on any of them.

Found one at:
http://store.yahoo.com/nickandjack/corwizrottoo.html
for about $25 after shipping, which wasn't too bad for a cordless one I didn't think, but no idea if it's a decent model.

Another one:
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/tol_40pcdgrntktelec.html
That is on sale for $15 with $7.50 shipping, comes with a 40pc set...again not sure on quality. That one isn't cordless.

Any suggestions/recommendations? What do you guys use?

I use a Black and Decker Roto-something-or-other. Got it at Home Depot for $30. works just as good as any Dremel I've ever used and it uses Dremel accessories.

I have a cordless Dremel model 780, up to 28000 RPM. (I think. I'm at school right now, so my memory could fail me!) I first bought it (second-hand from Ebay) for some light "around the house" and "around the car" kind of work, that's why I choose a cordless model. That, plus movement freedom. Back then, I never thought I would use it on any of my computer part.

When I had to cut my case front and back panel in order to improve airflow for my fans, my Dremel wasn't really up to the task. It could've done it, but I borrowed my dad's Dremel instead. Model with a cord. 35000RPM. :eek: Now that's a power tool. Had the job done, and quickly, with the same cutting disc I tried with my cordless.

Depending on what you'll do with your rotary tool, you should really consider a corded model, for some real high-RPM power.

Originally posted by Leatherface
I use a Black and Decker Roto-something-or-other. Got it at Home Depot for $30. works just as good as any Dremel I've ever used and it uses Dremel accessories.

I use the RTX too. It does just as good as the Dremel Multi-Pro that died on me a couple years back. I also really like the way it's shaped. The RTX will use the dermel flex shaft with some minor modification.

That's it! RTX! Couldn't remeber for the life of me. It does fit well in your hand, doesn't it?

Gosh... I need to get a dremel... The last one I saw around here was like $100 though! Or maybe it was $60? I dont remember, but either way I need one...

Originally posted by Leatherface

I have this exact same thing. It does use Dremel accessories as well as being a roto-zip typoe of tool that you can use those roto-zip bits to cut through wood/ceramics/drywall etc. My only beef is its kinda big for being used as a dremel (hard to control for small cuts and small things) and the amount of noise this thing puts out is deafening (serriously, you need ear protection).

I have this black and decker thing and I am serriously concidering getting a real dremel or dremel-esk thing that is lighter, smaller, quieter, and easier to use.

Originally posted by cgrant26
I use the RTX too. It does just as good as the Dremel Multi-Pro that died on me a couple years back. I also really like the way it's shaped. The RTX will use the dermel flex shaft with some minor modification.

I wish it would but I dont think it can. I just looked at the Dremel website and saw it and it looks to have a diferent connector on the end to attach to the dremel.

Originally posted by Sobek
Every show on TV is gay now. You need a condom just to change the channel. -Nick DiPaolo-Tough Crown w/ Colin Quinn

Isn't that supposed to be "Tough Crowd" ?

Where's the tutorial on making the flex shaft work on the RTX? I so desperately want one.

Anyone know of a good air one? I have compressors that I could use, which I would actually prefer I think (if its cheaper than a nice dremel)

I use the trusty 14-15 yr old model 395. I've never had it fail. I bought this thing back in 1989. The speed switch is starting to go, sometimes you have to play around with it but, it still cuts like a champ. I almost always use the flex-shaft with it. I bought it all as a kit. One of the best investments I ever made. I've used & abused the hell out of it. When it conks out for good I'll buy another 395. Although I see they have redesigned it. I hope it's still as durable.

I have a Ryobi rotary tool but I only use it to cut small stuff. For windows I use a jigsaw

I use a craftsman variable-speed dremel-imitation, it goes to 35000rpm, so I'm happy with it, it's great :D...oh, it was $100 too.

I have this $12 Big Lots cheepo I bought, uses dremel accessories, is 35,000 RPM. Works great.

i have a nice craftsman. came with a nice case and lots of attachments.

Dremel MultiPro 35,000RPM, has like 255 accessories and 4 attachments, flexshaft, guide ect..

Dremel Multipro here....was 59$ at Home depot with some attachments. Great tool, can do soooooo much with it.

i have the original dremel multipro (30000 rpm) works pretty good. i have the flexshaft as well but i don't generally use it (never needed it really)

Originally posted by TSx
I've been searching around for a cheap one that'll work good for cutting a case, but hadn't really seen any recommendations on any of them.

Found one at:
http://store.yahoo.com/nickandjack/corwizrottoo.html
for about $25 after shipping, which wasn't too bad for a cordless one I didn't think, but no idea if it's a decent model.

Another one:
http://www.softwareandstuff.com/tol_40pcdgrntktelec.html
That is on sale for $15 with $7.50 shipping, comes with a 40pc set...again not sure on quality. That one isn't cordless.

Any suggestions/recommendations? What do you guys use?

what part of the case are you goinga to be cutting? if its the side for a window you dont want to use a dremel for that. it will not be a straight smoothe cut. you would need a chop saw with a metalcutting balde in it. but if you think you can do it straight by then go ahead but just giving you a warning from some1 who knows

Nah, not a window. I might need to add one or two 80mm fans to either the left or right side of my case, depending on how my setup ends up. Only the left side of my case comes off, so putting one on the right would be pretty difficult.

the right side comes off on many cases. but yes it would be pretty hard runnning wires

Back