What to upgrade to

vividshock

Weaksauce
Joined
May 31, 2014
Messages
127
So I have a Samsung Tv (http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LT24C550ND/ZA-specs) and I was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade. Though it is 1080p I run it downsampled to 1440p which is nice: makes skyrim look very nice, but my gpu is a bit weak for that resolution. I don't watch tv in my room anymore so it doesn't have to be another tv. I guess...I'm looking for an improvement similar to an upgrade from a phenom II x3 to a g3258 in terms of quality.
 
Also is there any difference in running a native monitor @ 1440p vs downsampling 1440p to a 1080p monitor?
 
Also is there any difference in running a native monitor @ 1440p vs downsampling 1440p to a 1080p monitor?

Yes running at native 1440p is going to be a lot better than DSR at 1080p... Although DSR makes a good improvement over 1080p its still only a 2.1 megapixels vs 3.6 megapixels on 1440p screen.
 
Back
Top