• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What to install on SSD

MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
223
I just purchased a Kingston 120GB SSD. As of now I only have windows and chrome on the SSD.

What are some other important things to run off the SSD instead of my 1 TB Western Digital HDD? I don't have a lot of storage to work with, that is the issue?

How much storage on the SSD can I take up before performance becomes an issue?

storage.png
 
I've got an older 128gb SSD as my primary and a 2tb hdd. I keep OS, Chrome and some games on the SSD, with music/tv/movies and other, larger games on the hdd. If there's a certain program or programs you access frequently that benefit from quick access, I'd put that on the ssd.

I try to keep my ssd no more than 75% full or so, but I have been out of the knowledge game with ssd's for awhile, not sure if that even matters anymore...
 
I would put your most frequently used programs and games on the ssd unless they wont utilize the speed, then use hdd
 
I use photoshop a lot and I play MX simulator alot. The game is not big at all, but all the downloads I have for it is around 80 gigs. Could I install MX Sim on the SSD and the download folder on the HDD? Or what that be pointless since it has to load the downloads from the HDD?
 
I install my OS and applications on my SSD, and keep my user files on a spinning disk. I then use the Location tab of Documents, Videos, etc and point to the folders on the second drive. That makes the File Explorer/Libraries links work correctly. You'll never know there's two drives.
 
Back
Top