What to install on SSD

MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
I just purchased a Kingston 120GB SSD. As of now I only have windows and chrome on the SSD.

What are some other important things to run off the SSD instead of my 1 TB Western Digital HDD? I don't have a lot of storage to work with, that is the issue?

How much storage on the SSD can I take up before performance becomes an issue?

storage.png

I've got an older 128gb SSD as my primary and a 2tb hdd. I keep OS, Chrome and some games on the SSD, with music/tv/movies and other, larger games on the hdd. If there's a certain program or programs you access frequently that benefit from quick access, I'd put that on the ssd.

I try to keep my ssd no more than 75% full or so, but I have been out of the knowledge game with ssd's for awhile, not sure if that even matters anymore...

I would put your most frequently used programs and games on the ssd unless they wont utilize the speed, then use hdd

I use photoshop a lot and I play MX simulator alot. The game is not big at all, but all the downloads I have for it is around 80 gigs. Could I install MX Sim on the SSD and the download folder on the HDD? Or what that be pointless since it has to load the downloads from the HDD?

I install my OS and applications on my SSD, and keep my user files on a spinning disk. I then use the Location tab of Documents, Videos, etc and point to the folders on the second drive. That makes the File Explorer/Libraries links work correctly. You'll never know there's two drives.

Back