• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What to install on SSD?

ohgeetee

n00b
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
13
Outside of the OS, what types of software benefit from SSD installation? I have a 120GB SSD and 500GB secondary drive, and would like to utilize that space where it makes the most sense.

What I have gathered so far, is most games don't see a huge increase in performance, but WoW load times will improve. Haven't read much else in regards to other apps running from SSD.
 
I have a similar setup with Steam games going on a 1TB HDD and Windows/WoW on the SSD.

I had Steam running on the SSD for a bit, and it was great. Games loaded very quickly. Unfortunately the SSD is only 120 gig so I had to move almost all the gaming stuff over to the traditional HDD.

WoW loads crazy fast. It's a very dramatic difference.
 
Load what you use often. If you know you are going to use word every single day then it makes sense to put it on the SSD, but if you only use it every other month then why waste the space?
 
I Dont know how many stand along games you install, But myself not too many.. I just ordered a mechanical hard drive to compliment my 90gb ssd & I will simply be installing my steam, games for windows & d2d games there.. I Have found that recently I just download too much shit because they take up alot of space & are just too damn cheap so I keep buying them.

Other games that I pay top dollar for & I play often (like sc2) are staying on the ssd & I will still have plenty of free space avail on the SSD.
 
Back
Top