What to get for a temporary replacement card

fmsrttm

Limp Gawd
$100-$200 range for an ATi card
Just going to be waiting on my other card to get back to me.
What should I get?
I have a 750W psu also

oh I guess I should have added that the card being sent in was the 5870 XXX edition...so it's above that range

5770? depending on the resolution you game at, it'll fit the bill nice. and have reasonable re-sell value.

Depending on what you'll be able to find either a 5770, or a 6850? I'd personally go for an Asus or XFX 6850 with the enhanced coolers. Hell, you may find you want to sell your 5870 and crossfire 6850s, OC'ed as 6000 CF scales better than 5000 CF.

Depending on what you'll be able to find either a 5770, or a 6850? I'd personally go for an Asus or XFX 6850 with the enhanced coolers. Hell, you may find you want to sell your 5870 and crossfire 6850s, OC'ed as 6000 CF scales better than 5000 CF.

I would sell it, but I don't want to sell a faulty card.

I would sell it, but I don't want to sell a faulty card.

Well, a lot of the time when you RMA hardware, the manufacturers basically find it easier to send you a whole new card, not "fix" your old card and send it back to you. You'll get either a new retail box, a new card without retail packaging, or perhaps a refurbished card instead. In any case,this new card is guaranteed by the manufacturer to work properly so you can sell it without fear of defect. This is the way 90% of RMAs I've gone through have worked.

Back