• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What to do?

ReubenRosa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
326
So I have a Crossfired 4850 setup. and I have been happy with it to a degree but the heat issues are starting to annoy me a little. Unfortunately the version I have use small Fans. Great for space but the fact that I have a pci-express sound card sandwiched between the 2 cards means after a while the heat will lock up my sound card.. and the pc will freeze.
so I am looking at considering a few options. Replacing my case for something with more room and larger fans to see if that lowers my temps.
Replacing the 4850 cf setup with one 4890 card. And selling the crossfired Sapphire Cards. Of course I know that in the fall it appears dx11 is around the way as well. But being first gen out the gate Who knows how it will be? Finance wise I can afford either option. I just hate the idea of loosing out the fps I am getting out of this CF setup currently.
 
You could always get an x2... prices have plummeted lately and you'd only use one slot and still have your x-fire goodness!
 
The 4850x2 should give you better numbers though it is going to be a bit louder. The card is still a great value (I'd recommend 2GB).
 
Back
Top