What to do with the old computer?

I have an intel xeon X3430, generic mbo from ebay, gtx 750 1gb, 8gb ddr3 dram, 120gb ssd, what can I use it for, I can't sell it, I can't give it away.
And I'm slightly attached to computers because I bought and assembled everything myself.
It's not my first computer, i.e., the oldest, I had a socket 478 (prebuilt in the store) but I don't have any parts anymore, or it was thrown away, sold and I don't even know where it all ended.
The graphics gtx 750 is cooled by accelero mono plus.

Could I connect a PC to a TV to play, say, some old games via a gamepad? I have a 40 "TV, it has HDMI and 4 types and each one is probably for something, I have no idea what but they have special labels like STB, ARC, MHL etc.
PC supports windows 10, I tried it.
Any ideas what to do with that old computer?

If the GTX 750 has an HDMI port, you can connect it to your TV and use it for whatever. Watch youtube, stream netflix, or play games. If it doesn't have an HDMI port, you can get a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter and plug your TV in that way, just remember you won't have sound if you do it this way.

You may want to run Linux on it, the X3430 is Lynnfield, which was the cut down Bloomfield core used for the first generation core i series parts. Windows 10 with all of its stacked CPU vulnerability patches will significantly slow that machine down. Linux is a lot lighter on resources and won't bog down an old machine like that as badly. You also have the option on Linux to disable those CPU patches and gain back the speed the CPU would have without them. Just don't use the system to store any confidential data on if you do that.

yeah connect it to your tv and use it for everyday things, light games and emus. 10 should run alright on it, linux is an option too.

If the GTX 750 has an HDMI port, you can connect it to your TV and use it for whatever. Watch youtube, stream netflix, or play games. If it doesn't have an HDMI port, you can get a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter and plug your TV in that way, just remember you won't have sound if you do it this way.

You may want to run Linux on it, the X3430 is Lynnfield, which was the cut down Bloomfield core used for the first generation core i series parts. Windows 10 with all of its stacked CPU vulnerability patches will significantly slow that machine down. Linux is a lot lighter on resources and won't bog down an old machine like that as badly. You also have the option on Linux to disable those CPU patches and gain back the speed the CPU would have without them. Just don't use the system to store any confidential data on if you do that.
https://www.gainward.com/main/edm/GTX750Series/gw_edm_GTX750Series.php
gtx 750 1gb has miniHDMI, I have a miniHDMI to HDMI cable.
I don't know if there will be a problem with that?

Is it possible to play old games that were meant for nintendo or ps1 like super mario and similar games?
emus meaning?

cables not a prob.
emu=emulator yes it will handle everything except wii/u/switch emus.
Are emulators just softwear? I just have to buy a gamepad and that's it?
Isn't a problem for me to pay a small amount for emulators if they are simple and work well? Can you give me some examples and links?

Are emulators just softwear? I just have to buy a gamepad and that's it?
Isn't a problem for me to pay a small amount for emulators if they are simple and work well? Can you give me some examples and links?
yes and nope. youll have to google that, its a grey area....

If an old computer still has parts in it with value, I tend to sell the component parts or even the whole system. However, if they aren't really worth anything they become target practice.

If an old computer still has parts in it with value, I tend to sell the component parts or even the whole system. However, if they aren't really worth anything they become target practice.
I put in an ad but no one asks.
As for the emulator, is it something too complicated or? You can send me in pm for links where I can download the best emulators, so I'll take a look.
I should have bought a playstation classic, they were for $ 40-50, now they are no longer in stock at all or they are expensive.

Donate it, or scrap it at a scrap metal yard. build a media pc. use it as a slideshow/weather/clock in your living room. turn it into a NAS storage. printer server. linux PC to play around with.

Donate it, or scrap it at a scrap metal yard. build a media pc. use it as a slideshow/weather/clock in your living room. turn it into a NAS storage. printer server. linux PC to play around with.
I tried to donate to associations that deal with it, but they won't, they started to tell me something that I should bring to Zagreb, and I certainly won't. Obviously, no one needs such old components anymore. In fact, the components are old, but some are completely new with a warranty (like power supply, housing) but everything is very little used and practically new. I will keep in the ad and gradually reduce the price. I have no more time for anything and I have no will for anything.
Here is the picture.I really like the case and as I put it all together, the case is top notch, only the quality of the sheet metal is quite poor as with most cheap cases. 3430.jpg3430-2.jpg

I have an intel xeon X3430, generic mbo from ebay, gtx 750 1gb, 8gb ddr3 dram, 120gb ssd, what can I use it for, I can't sell it, I can't give it away.
And I'm slightly attached to computers because I bought and assembled everything myself.
It's not my first computer, i.e., the oldest, I had a socket 478 (prebuilt in the store) but I don't have any parts anymore, or it was thrown away, sold and I don't even know where it all ended.
The graphics gtx 750 is cooled by accelero mono plus.

Could I connect a PC to a TV to play, say, some old games via a gamepad? I have a 40 "TV, it has HDMI and 4 types and each one is probably for something, I have no idea what but they have special labels like STB, ARC, MHL etc.
PC supports windows 10, I tried it.
Any ideas what to do with that old computer?
You could, if your into music and like Roon, setup a Roon Server with that thing. I'm pretty much in the same boat with my retired desktop (below in sig and attached pic)
tempImagebqi5Nf.jpg

In my town they have scrappers that will take it off your hands. They wont give you much...(if anything at all) but it'll get it out of your hair.

A buddy of mine just tried to give away a CRT tv and couldnt. Ended up PAYING to give it to the dump....
These older computers start to just take up space.

Back