• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What to do with QX6850?

What to do with QX6850?

  • Keep it

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Sell it

    Votes: 7 63.6%

  • Total voters
    11

mk_ln

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2006
Messages
187
Hi, I currently have my Q6700 at 3.6 with my Tuniq and the cost of upgrading to the QX6850 would be about $100. I was wondering what the general consensus was on max stable OC with the QX6850 on air. (ill also be swapping my ram for Mushkin Redlines PC2-8000 2x2GB if that matters any)

So what would you all suggest I do with the QX6850? (already purchased, but not received yet).

Thanks in advance
 
Looks like around 3.7

Link

If my calculations are correct, you just paid $100 for 100Mhz.
 
$100 would be an amazing price for a QX6850. I assume you mean that the difference between what you can get for your Q6700 and what you paid for your QX6850 is $100. Correct?
 
ya, the $100 is the upgrade cost after selling my Q6700 (i already have a buyer if i choose to keep the QX)
 
I doubt you'd get any significant overclocking advantage with the QX6850. I would just sell it off if I were you, and hopefully try to get a higher resell price.
 
Back
Top