What to do with older cards

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
It's not often that I get rid of hardware but I am upgrading to a GTX770 in my main rig and have my 560ti left to the relic heap. My back up system already has an older 4870 in it and I don't game on it, so basically anything to drive the monitor will work for that system. I'm not totally convinced on selling anything (which is why this is not in the fs/ft board) but I'd like to get some "what would you do" opinions on them.

The 560ti is an EVGA FPB 1gb model and I have a Thermalright Shaman cooler on it. It's a great card and I don't have any real problems with it other than I wanted something faster. With the Shaman cooler it's dead quiet but I have the original cooler I can put back on it if I needed to. What do you guys think this would be worth with and without the cooler? The cooler itself cost me upwards of $70 and I was even thinking of putting it on the 770 if it will fit.

The 4870 is an Asus Dark Knight model (also 1gb) and also works fine, but it's been sitting in my backup box for about 2 years now. What is one of those worth these days?

I'm replacing the 560ti with an EVGA 770 superclocked with acx so it should have decent cooling built in. If it's too loud I might try to throw the Shaman on it and see if that works but if it's quiet enough I'll skip that. Since at least one of the other two cards is probably never going to get used again I'm trying to get an idea of what they'd be worth.

Thanks!

Fro the cooler, contact Thermalright if they have an adapter to help it fit the 770.

The 560 Ti is still worth enough to make sell it, just search the FS/FT and see what other people have been asking. The 4870 is less so, but they still sell well currently.

Alternatively, you could keep the 560 Ti as a PhysX card, but it's probably worth more being sold.

Just go to ebay, go to the FS/FT, and see how much prices are for those cards. Realize that you'll lose anywhere between $15 and 30 on shipping and paypal fees.

I sell everything I don't need on eBay as long as I can clear at least $5 on it. So after subtracting $10.50 for a flat rate shipping box and fees I need to end up with at least $5. If I can't make that happen then it goes into the electronics recycling bin at the transfer site. Done and done.

amazon marketplace is another option with a lot of traffic, depending on the value of your product.

doesn't cost anything to try your luck on craigslist as well.

I don't think the 560 Ti is worth terribly much these days, just keep it as a backup card.

If anything I would just try swapping the Shaman cooler to the 770 and call it a day.

I keep them all as backups or eventually give them away. I still have an X1800 XT that I have no idea what I'll do with.

No good reason to keep backups now that Intel's CPU's come with integrated graphics.

Sell, give to a family member ( my little brother gets all my old tech)l keep as backup / test rig , build HTPC with left over parts.

560ti should be good enough to be a physx card. otherwise give it away to a friend or family member.

not sure how much its worth for sale used but u could try that out as well.

Sell, give to a family member ( my little brother gets all my old tech)l keep as backup / test rig , build HTPC with left over parts.

I suppose the HTPC is a good idea, I have my backup tower but I was planning on moving that to the garage/workout room. Kind of a bummer that these types of cards aren't worth that much, but then again I didn't pay a whole lot for it to begin with and skipped a generation before upgrading.

Back