What to do with my dead/dying computer...?

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
Hey everyone.

I got my new computer purring like a kitten and I have my old old highschool/college computer here collecting dust.

There seems to be something wrong with the motherboard. It does not want to post, however if you put the jumper to 'reset CMOS' mode it posts and displays on the screen put the jumper into regular operations mode. The ram counts up, the fans spin, I can load up the bios. If I attach a hard drive to it, it spins. DVD drives work as well.

Now I'm wondering what is wrong with this computer? Where can I get a good yet affordable Socket A motherboard? Should I try to rebuild it and make another HTPC with it? Should I sell it? If so, how much.

The computer specs are as follows: Lian Li PC-60 case (4 80mm fans). The mobo is abit NF7-S (2.0) with a AMD XP2200+ on it being cooled by a Vantec Aeroflow. There is 1GB of ram (2x256 samsung + 512 kingston). Also there is a LiteOn DVD-16x drive and a very awesome and noiseless NEC 3500A. The PSU is an Enermax 350W. Oh yeah, an ATI Radeon 8500 is in it as well.

Please post back with your thoughts and suggestions as to what I can do to fix/sell/mod/whatever with this computer.

Thanks!

Make a bonfire with that PC, that way at least u could roast some marshmallows and sing Kumbaya :D

I would ebay around for a new mobo for it and then gift it to someone, like parents or a sibling or a kid that cant afford a computer

I'd try to either find a new board for that or get a cheap newer board with a cheap processor and upgrade it.

Dang, they seem to be going for more than 20 bucks on ebay ... anywhere i can score some Biostar mobo or something for super cheap?

Back