What to do with my card?

linziyi

Weaksauce
So I run a GTX 560 that I got a while back. Now looking for an upgrade, what should I do with the card?

So I run a GTX 560 that I got a while back. Now looking for an upgrade, what should I do with the card?

if it was me, I would get my new card, then store the old 1 as a backup in case something ever happens,,if you have a back up then sell it

if it was me, I would get my new card, then store the old 1 as a backup in case something ever happens,,if you have a back up then sell it

Agreed. Always have a serviceable backup, just in case. That said, if you are getting an Nvidia card to replace it, use the 560 as a PhysX card? Build an HTPC around it?

Could always use it as a dedicated card for the two games that use PhysX, if you're sticking with NVIDIA ;).

For those who take all posts literally, the "two games" part was being snarky...

Using the 560 as a physX card is not a bad idea... But I only have a 500W power supply so I doubt it can support two cards.

How much should I sell the 560 for? I am not very familiar with the current supply-demand.

How much should I sell the 560 for? I am not very familiar with the current supply-demand.

I don't know what the ideal solution is, but I once put a $1 starting price on eBay and got lots of watchers/bids. When I had the same item at a particular price, I had no bids. (It later sold for more than the original asking price.)

donate it to me. I dont have a GPU in my rig running onboard :(. Sell it would be my choice or keep it as a back up

always keep a backup.......it be stupid crazy not to......cause when that day comes youl be glad...and truthfully it cant be worth much....unless your hurting that bad money wise keep it or donate it

As someone who bought a 760 and put an old 460 to work doing PhysX, it's barely hitting any usage doing PhysX (maybe 15% max is what I've seen with Borderlands 2 testing). It's something for nothing, I guess, but almost imperceptible enough that I'm debating just taking it out to reduce fan noise and the electric bill for the 99% of the time I'm not gaming.

Back