• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What to do with Cheaters at LanParties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i saw that a LONG time ago but it's still good

It seems setup... like it was staged to show people what would happen if they were caught cheating ..

that box doesn't look like 2 grand and that guy is way to cooperative(being toted on that dudes shoulder) .. i would kill somebody over that, not realy but you know what I mean

+ they got it disconnected sooo fast AND the lights came on .. right on cue

there's a longer version of that clip where that guy pics up the pieces ...
 
completely staged

oh, and have you seen the dancing baby video yet?
it's hilarious
 
arr4ws said:
wow... so old... i feel so old now

I fell old now too and I'm only 16.

LOL

seriously though, I remember seeing that vid while playing Beta 7.1

:p
 
Yes, setup. I agree. But, imagine if it wasn't.

If I were the kid being tossed out for cheating I'd be pissed. Yes, cheating is wrong and he deserved it. BUT destroying his rig? Wrong. If I were him and I watched as they tossed my rig onto the pavement you'd best beleive I'd have the police there in a heartbeat for destruction of personal property and or vandalism.
 
Moose777 said:
Yes, setup. I agree. But, imagine if it wasn't.

If I were the kid being tossed out for cheating I'd be pissed. Yes, cheating is wrong and he deserved it. BUT destroying his rig? Wrong. If I were him and I watched as they tossed my rig onto the pavement you'd best beleive I'd have the police there in a heartbeat for destruction of personal property and or vandalism.

Every guest most likely had to sign a waver or something that in the case of cheating, the owners would have the right to do as they pleased. Wrong or not, a legal signature is has more power. ;)

Good vid though (staged or not), an oldie but a goodie.
 
Mojo3k70 said:
Every guest most likely had to sign a waver or something that in the case of cheating, the owners would have the right to do as they pleased. Wrong or not, a legal signature is has more power. ;)

Good vid though (staged or not), an oldie but a goodie.
I highly doubt that that waiver covers destruction of personal property. Yes, it makes legal action difficult but I'm almost positive that the ones responsible for breaking the rig would be in some legal trouble regardless.
 
I'm pretty sure there are laws that prevent people from becoming victims of their own stupidity when it comes to contracts.
 
Staaaaged. What asshat builds a $2000 machine that has a crappy 5 year old beige box and a 15" monitor? :rolleyes:

If that woulda happend to me in real life, I woulda beat the living fuck outa the person who smashed my PC.
 
That had to have been staged.


Imagine if that happened to your son with a computer you bought him. My son would be going home with the event organizer's computer and an apology.
 
You'd think the rig was made of plaster or something.
 
IceWind said:
Staaaaged. What asshat builds a $2000 machine that has a crappy 5 year old beige box and a 15" monitor? :rolleyes:

If that woulda happend to me in real life, I woulda beat the living fuck outa the person who smashed my PC.

Someone who builds it 8 years ago?
 
Staged, yes. But very funny. When the computer smashes, I can't see any components. No motherboard, video card, or drives. Just something white that breaks into several pieces.

 
Yeah staged... even if it did happen - theres video evidence and you can get them to pay for a nice new rig :D
 
I watched that like 2 years ago, now I also feel old :D .

and yes there is a longer version of this with the other ppl from the event looking at his PC.

I never cheat, what's teh point . :confused:
 
Mojo3k70 said:
Every guest most likely had to sign a waver or something that in the case of cheating, the owners would have the right to do as they pleased.
You do realize, don't you, that such an agreement wouldn't be legally binding?
 
masher said:
You do realize, don't you, that such an agreement wouldn't be legally binding?

Yeah, waivers can be easily thrown out by a decent lawyer. What if they had just plain raped him right there in the street? Well he signed the waiver so we can do whatever we please. No way....
 
punch em in the neck then power bomb them in the street.

then bust a nut in their pc!

edit: just watched the video. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. I havnt laughed that had in weeks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top