what to do with bawls bottles

lozaning

2[H]4U
i have around 50 empty bottles of bawls and more coming every week. i cant find it in myself to just throw them away as they are so noce looking. anyone have cool ideas of what i could do, i was thinking making a fountain, or buying leds for inside of each one.

You could make water cooling reservoirs out of them. I'm sure you could make some cash off that. :cool:

Dregan said:
You could make water cooling reservoirs out of them. I'm sure you could make some cash off that. :cool:

Been done... it did look pretty cool. But if you want a blue bottle res I'd rather have one made out of a bottle of Skyy.

Wind chimes. Or curt the bottoms out and use them for side panel port holes.

Recycling isn't a bad way to go eiither. Even your remnants can be recycled.

Either way, you've had a lot of Bawls....

i had the same problem, and they started filling up space on my desk and on top of my mini fridge, but i had to swallow my pride and take them to the recycling center. You are much better off without them!

Got the caps? Then put lamps in them and make a string of decorative lights!

mikeblas said:
Got the caps? Then put lamps in them and make a string of decorative lights!

A string of Bawls bottles would look sweet on a tree at christmas time.

ya i have the caps, i dont know why but i am really anal about having them(caps). i dont really waant to make a case out of them as i am happy with my current case.
what i think would be the collest thing is all of them lined up in a pyromid like a shampane(sp) tower. then instead of champagne or bawls use water and put in UV dye, the out uv leds in every bottle(water proofed somehow)

waterproof em with caulking, you dont even need water, just find a BRIGHT white LED and MAN the effect is crazy, i had my power LED in one (bawls bottle) looked SICK

what leds should i buy to put in there that are super bright(what voltaage, size, do i need capacitators or resistors). radio shack is like 3 min away from my house so i'd buy from there.

LEDs at radioshack arnt super bright, but they are super expensive

but if you insist...
you can get one (1) white LED at 1,100 MCD for $5.29 (# 276-320)
using
Metku's Resistor Calculator you can find that youll need a 470 Ohm 5 pack (# 271-1317) for $.99
so that is $6.28 for 1 bottle, or $27.44 for 5... NICE DEAL!

if you get them at the most expensive place possable online (superbrightleds.com, $1.19 for 10,000mcd) and buy the resistors at crapshack, its $6.94 for 5. thats right, 5 for the price of 1 at radioshack :rolleyes:, EDIT: not only that, but they are 10 times brighter.

At $6.28 a bottle, why not just get 4" ccfl's?? :confused:

Hey, keep saving them, then use 'em to build yourself a raft, with a built in computer. If you can really waterproof it, you could be the envy of all the other geeks at the next pool party!! ;)

after seeing the price that i would have to pat to put an led in every one, i think that i will definatly make the fountain. after school ends i will prolly start a worck log

Moose777 said:
What the hell is Bawls?
Who the hell are you? Bawls is a very tasty highly caffeinated beverage for the aspiring gamer. Its effects are know to include jitteriness, the shakes, faster mouse hands, increased wpm's, higher kill rates, motormouth, and insomnia.

perhaps make my fountain could be hung on the wall. but then my bawls would get my wall wet

lozaning said:
perhaps make my fountain could be hung on the wall. but then my bawls would get my wall wet
Are you saying you've got "your bawls to the wall"???

MUHAHAHA i did that res, i was about to suggest that hehe, i was thinking of doing a cathode holder out of one, they give out a really nice blue with white cathode.

i get bawls from all sorts of places. at first i had to drive for 30 min to the closest compusa. I then found out that a local liquer(sp) carried it, but for 2.75 a bottle. someone i know has to drive by bevmo every saterday so now i have them pick me up a couple bottles a week. now the the local jamba juice(or maybe juice stop, dont remember) started selling them for 2.50.

Its too dang expensive... One lan place I could get for 2bucks a bottle but its way too far :/

I've seen it sold by my local CompUSA. They sell it by the box or by the bottle. Even have a cooler next to the registers for it. Forgot how much they are charging for it though.

apHytHiaTe said:
Who the hell are you? Bawls is a very tasty highly caffeinated beverage for the aspiring gamer. Its effects are know to include jitteriness, the shakes, faster mouse hands, increased wpm's, higher kill rates, motormouth, and insomnia.

Yeah, I'm serious, I hear people talk about it all the time. I've looked for a few times but haven't ever ben able to come across it so I literally have no idea what it is.

every 7-11 in the world was supposed to start carrying bawls on march 1st, but i have yet to see bawls in even one of the 7 7-11's in ym town, that and bevmo charges 1.55

lozaning said:
every 7-11 in the world was supposed to start carrying bawls on march 1st, but i have yet to see bawls in even one of the 7 7-11's in ym town, that and bevmo charges 1.55

Indeed, I use to get my fix at one of the local LAN's but now CompUSSR is my only source... I had a collection of 30+ bottles but recently got rid of all but 1 for display. :( It sucks too because I cam up with a really neat idea to use on my upcoming desk project for the backside that people would see when entering my room.

~Kris

thats actually what the 2 liter bottles are for, less time wasted on switching conatainers due to the larger capacity bottle

I get Bawls @ compUSA, for $16.99 a case, er, 12 pack.... and they moved the stack of them recently, at my local store, so I walked around and looked and looked... not wanting to have to ask... "uhm... where are your... uhm... blue, guarana, drinks..."... the sales dude and I both had a laugh at that when I finally broke down and asked... it's a bit akward of a name to just ask for at random. Anyways... I like that drink. ...but I hear Crunk (lil jon) is supposed to pack a HUGE punch... and taste pretty good also. w00t. :)

Back