What to do with 9yo thermal paste?

Bought this Tuniq TX2 during the intel Core2 Duo E8400 & Xigmatek S1283 cooler era (approx year 2008).
What can I do with it right now/future?
Keep or throw into the dustbin?

LHxFKna.jpg

From their perspective, advising to put on too much is probably better than not enough :D

As already said, use it as long has it hasn't hardened or separated.

More paste used = more sales .. assuming users don't realize they are not getting best heat transfer.

It really is amazing how many users think TIM is supposed to be a layer between surfaces instead of that it is for filling voids where there is not metal to metal contact with as much metal to metal as possible.

What does paste cost? 8 bucks? Throw out 10 year old stuff if you aren't sure.

I mean... I get were you are coming from.. but if it was me.. I'd check the paste out and if i didn't seem all dried out or whatever I'd probably just use it.

What atarione said. To some of us $8 can be the difference between eating or going hungry for a day or two. ;)

Just recently I used the last of a tube of AS5 I've had knocking around for at least a decade and it's working wonderfully for my CPU.

Use it for thermal compound on engine ignition modules.

That is what I do with the big tube of AS5 left over from 13 years ago.

Ignition_Module_back.jpg

If it is still creamy like, it should be OK. I wouldn't trust it with like crazy overclock though.

Back