Shakezilla
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Aug 15, 2004
- Messages
- 1,490
So my rig is long long in the tooth. But still trucking along for what I need it to do. I am itching to start playing some modern games though.
I just graduated from college and was one of the lucky ones to get a job. So I have been buying some toys that I could not when I was a poor college kid. But I still need to save and pay off those loans.
Right now I am contemplating towards the end of October (maybe black Friday if there is a good deal) I will probably be buying either a flat screen tv or building a new computer. Both costing in the $500-$600 range.
Now I can hold off on either. I do not need either, but I want both pretty equally. Towards the end of the year I could be looking at getting a promotion and be on better financial footing and be able to spend more money. So I was leaning towards waiting on the new build just because if I wait I can spend more then ~800ish instead of 500-600, but I would still only spend the same on a tv.
Also it seems like both intel and AMD are going to be releasing new chips around the time I was looking to upgrade. So I could get technology out now for cheaper or jump on the latest chips and be more future proof.
So I typed a lot and it seems like I made up my mind already. So I guess is my reasoning sound?
Thanks.
I just graduated from college and was one of the lucky ones to get a job. So I have been buying some toys that I could not when I was a poor college kid. But I still need to save and pay off those loans.
Right now I am contemplating towards the end of October (maybe black Friday if there is a good deal) I will probably be buying either a flat screen tv or building a new computer. Both costing in the $500-$600 range.
Now I can hold off on either. I do not need either, but I want both pretty equally. Towards the end of the year I could be looking at getting a promotion and be on better financial footing and be able to spend more money. So I was leaning towards waiting on the new build just because if I wait I can spend more then ~800ish instead of 500-600, but I would still only spend the same on a tv.
Also it seems like both intel and AMD are going to be releasing new chips around the time I was looking to upgrade. So I could get technology out now for cheaper or jump on the latest chips and be more future proof.
So I typed a lot and it seems like I made up my mind already. So I guess is my reasoning sound?
Thanks.