What to do? Please READ

jEnkinsX

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
282
Ok, I know its a lil too late but, I am looking for a PS2 to buy for myself. I have a DFI SLI DR Expert motherboard and a Z5300E set of speakers. Is there anyway I can connect the PS2 to the Z5300E? I was also thinking of getting a 22inch LCD with Video In so i can hook the PS2 to that.

Now, i have an option of upgrading my Z5300E + $70CDN for a Z5500 set of speakers. I heard that the pod has Audio In perfect for gaming consoles. Is that upgrade worth it? Or Is it possible to just do it now with my set of speakers?

Also, if i dont buy a new LCD and im stuck with a Samsung 930B.. how can i output the images of a PS2 to my LCD? my video card is a 7900GTO well actually 2 in SLI

thanks in advance.
 
I'm afraid you're out of luck with the 5300e's, as I know of no RCA to analog converter that supports 5.1 analog inputs. 5500's will work, as they have an optical in.
 
strid3r said:
someone suggested that too.. but do i have to hook it up everytime i play? then plug it back into my pc when im done?

Tytanium said:
I'm afraid you're out of luck with the 5300e's, as I know of no RCA to analog converter that supports 5.1 analog inputs. 5500's will work, as they have an optical in.
thats what im trying to decide.. i have a buyer for my Z5300E for $130 CDN.. then i found somoene selling a set of Z5500 for $200 CDN.. will be be easier to just buy an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum?
78053.jpg

i see the red/white plugs.. i can hook up a PS2 audio on there right? if that would work, i can buy one for $90 CDN.. its either I sell my Z5300E and buy the Z5500 or keep my Z5300E and buy the A2ZS Platinum. now where to plug in the VIDEO lol

alg7_munif said:
That will not give a true surround sound, to get a true surround from consoles check out this thread here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1122515
i just browsed thru it and i think ur suggesting that i buy a soundcard? or go for the Z5500?
 
Don't even bother with the Audigy anymore. Get an X-Fi, I guarantee you won't regret it.
 
Tytanium said:
Don't even bother with the Audigy anymore. Get an X-Fi, I guarantee you won't regret it.

i know :( but i was kinda going for the inexpensive route
 
jEnkinsX said:
i just browsed thru it and i think ur suggesting that i buy a soundcard? or go for the Z5500?
Buy the Z-5500 if you want to sell your speaker because the Z-5500 is a better speaker and it has more inputs. You can connect your PS2 with optical to the speaker. One single thin cable but it will sound better.
 
NOTE:

You will have problems connecting your PS2 to a LCD screen. The problem is ALMOST ALL PS2 games do not support progressive scan, and thus you will have serious issues seeing a picture on your LCD. Also if you want to use component video (best quality) you will most likely have to convert it to VGA which requires a TRANS-CODER instead of a simple adapter. There is one out there called the X2VGA2 which is cheap and has gotten some good reviews, but it mostly works only with XBOX and GAMECUBE as most of their games support progressive scan. I find this odd since the X2VGA2 looks exactly like a slimline PS2.
 
Tytanium said:
Don't even bother with the Audigy anymore. Get an X-Fi, I guarantee you won't regret it.
Functionally, the Audigy 2 ZS and the X-Fis aren't that dissimilar, and output quality is very close between the two, but with X-Fi prices being as they are, it's hard to recommend the ZS.
 
Back
Top