What to do if Cisco Wireless Access Point box says Radio disabled by default, but says no flash

Last edited:
What should I do if my CISCO 2600 Series AIR-CAP2602I-A-K9 Aironet IEEE 802.11n 450 Mbps Wireless Access Point says radio disabled by default on IOS 12.2(4) and later on the box, but when consoling in to the AP the output says no flash and the AP's top light flashes red and this:

Release Notes for Cisco Aironet Access Points and Bridges for Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)JB3a

only explains how to disable the radio as far as I can tell?

Nevermind it does say:

This example shows how to re-enable the radio:

AP1260AG(config)# interface d1
AP1260AG(config-if)# shut
AP1260AG(config-if)# no mbssid
AP1260AG(config-if)# no shut

, but I don't think it says what to do if the device says no flash while booting when consoled into it.

Nevermind it does say:

This example shows how to re-enable the radio:

AP1260AG(config)# interface d1
AP1260AG(config-if)# shut
AP1260AG(config-if)# no mbssid
AP1260AG(config-if)# no shut

, but I don't think it says what to do if the device says no flash while booting when consoled into it.

The other one I bought is used, but it won't boot all the way into console and when attempting to access through a webpage similar to the manner as follows:

htttps://<ipv4 address no subnet mask>

It displays a black white window after saying webpage not secure. Therefore, what should I do?

console or telnet in.

write erase

reload

if that doesn't fix it then reflash the firmware.

console or telnet in.

write erase

reload

if that doesn't fix it then reflash the firmware.

I can't even get to the point that I can do this though and I've tried holding in the mode button. If I can't just erase the configs and I have to reflash these or just the one with no flash then I don't have a flash image to reflash them with because I've tried obtaining other flash images from Cisco and I get stopped by something preventing me from buying them.

Download the image that is running on the good one, and then you have an image you can load to the one that wont fully boot.

Reactions: rma
like this
Download the image that is running on the good one, and then you have an image you can load to the one that wont fully boot.

I'm finally trying this now with a physical Windows 10 machine and solarwinds tftp and hopefully this reply as well as question isn't thread necroing.

Why doesn't the following work and considering it doesn't how am I supposed to copy the whole flash from the one with it to the one without it?:

ap#copy flash: tftp:
Source filename [ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JBB4/]? *
Address or name of remote host []? 10.18.90.100
Destination filename [*]?
%Error opening flash:* (No such file or directory)
ap#

Can Cisco IOS do wildcards for file names and directories or folders.

Back