I am fixing several computers. this time of year they die. I am conquering things slowly, and even found industrial strength crystals (temp/shock) and a few spots to urethane.
I end up with the unsolvables...
Today, I swapped a clock, sure enough, everything is lively, cpu hot, northbridge southbridge, matx board onboard graphic..no beeps, n nothing, everything is there, no overheats, nice clean...
I go over the cpu heatsink, bare handed.....and then it happened..
a backwards white fog, going against the down blowing fan...is going up my sweathsirt sleeve ...
I stuck my face closer and tried the same simple move...it did it again....a perfect white odorless plasma looking unreal..."fog", backwards to the fans air flow is going up my damn sleeve...
I took the motherboard out, blamed 3 mile island, and am never attempting to fix it again.
and my other machine mysteriously melted a vrm off the board while cold. No bad caps, spotless clean, nothing to find...it internally killed itself from inside to out....and even had a fire...melted motherboard paint, solder disappeared.
I took that one apart and smothered the case in urethane, awaiting new mobo...
any pros with uplifitng advice? Why do I even have a soldering gun, repairs are futile.
I end up with the unsolvables...
Today, I swapped a clock, sure enough, everything is lively, cpu hot, northbridge southbridge, matx board onboard graphic..no beeps, n nothing, everything is there, no overheats, nice clean...
I go over the cpu heatsink, bare handed.....and then it happened..
a backwards white fog, going against the down blowing fan...is going up my sweathsirt sleeve ...
I stuck my face closer and tried the same simple move...it did it again....a perfect white odorless plasma looking unreal..."fog", backwards to the fans air flow is going up my damn sleeve...
I took the motherboard out, blamed 3 mile island, and am never attempting to fix it again.
and my other machine mysteriously melted a vrm off the board while cold. No bad caps, spotless clean, nothing to find...it internally killed itself from inside to out....and even had a fire...melted motherboard paint, solder disappeared.
I took that one apart and smothered the case in urethane, awaiting new mobo...
any pros with uplifitng advice? Why do I even have a soldering gun, repairs are futile.