What the heck- temperature mayhem?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
8,936
After refilling my watersetup I got very bad temps. Idle temps of like 44 degrees. I had some airbubbles going through my system back and fourth but non in the waterblock it seemed. Let it run continously for 2 days and the temps went down to 42 which still was way more than normal even after a refill. All I did at that time was using the internet.

So then I try some gaming and then check my temps and they get down to 35??? Are my mainboard temp probe going nuts? 35 is quite normal and very similar to what I got before. And I still got bubbles going around so don´t know what have changed?

My system temps went down like 10 degrees also.I have refilled it like 7 times now and never got this kind of result really before. Generally the cooling performance didn´t enhance after the bleeding process with more than perhaps 1 degree.
 
try giving it a good smack. that's what i usually do (unless i don't have my computer in a case, like now)

try reseating it and checking cable management. maybe resetting/flashing the bios wouldn't be a bad idea either.
 
Weird my temps are now down to 29 but I still get a stream of bubbles coming to my res about every 20-30 seconds. And in between that I get some less bubbles.

I will redo just about everything when I get my extra tubing and Koolance refill I ordered and see if that helps anything. It don´t seem to affect the cooling much though.
 
That's the NF7-S temp readin for you =\ Get yourself a temp probe and be happy. My abit reports my comp idle at around 42C , but my temp probe reads 33C.
 
Originally posted by Swat
That's the NF7-S temp readin for you =\ Get yourself a temp probe and be happy. My abit reports my comp idle at around 42C , but my temp probe reads 33C.

But at least my temp probe have showned stable readings before. It has never jumped around like this. And I do got bubbles in my system so it CAN be it also.
 
That's the NF7-S temp readin for you =\ Get yourself a temp probe and be happy. My abit reports my comp idle at around 42C , but my temp probe reads 33C.

part of that is because the temp probe isn't getting a full and accurate reading, temp probes will ALWAYS read low since the can only monitor a small section, where as the mobo temp sensor, which nowadays are in the chips core itself, are dead on accurate (however, the sensor chip could screw it up alittle, reading either high or low - or the probe in the chip is off alittle)
 
Originally posted by kllrnohj
part of that is because the temp probe isn't getting a full and accurate reading, temp probes will ALWAYS read low since the can only monitor a small section, where as the mobo temp sensor, which nowadays are in the chips core itself, are dead on accurate (however, the sensor chip could screw it up alittle, reading either high or low - or the probe in the chip is off alittle)

oh I meant the mainboard temp sensor
 
Back
Top