What the heck MSI

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
How is this even allowed past QC on a $2000 laptop? Anyone else has an Asus/MSI with the 75hz Gsync screen like this?

IMG_0131.jpg

Get it replaced or sell it. I gave up on gaming laptops. Totally not worth a single cent of my dollars.

For a 2K laptop that screen should not bleed like that.

Send it back and tell them to put a brand new screen that the bleed is causing you epileptic attacks and seizures, migraines, blindness, and incontinence.

they will surely replace it.

I knew it might have IPS glow, but this is on a whole new level. You can actually see the yellow on light colored backgrounds in Windows (the orange on the left side is my lamp but all the yellow spots are bleed), but what really sucks is I have no choice but to use it because it took 16 days to ship to me and I have to leave this weekend for a 12 week work trip and I refuse to sit in a hotel for 12 weeks with no laptop.

The OS thing on the screen is unrelated, it was just when I happened to be able to get a good pic of it, Windows 10 anniversary update broke the shit out of the install, it didn't like the MSI audio drivers and I had to do a full fresh install.

Windows 10 AU broke a lot of my machines, but you can't stop it from happening. Not happy!

Windows 10 AU broke a lot of my machines, but you can't stop it from happening. Not happy!

Yeah, everything is good now that I did a fresh install. MSI posted the updated audio driver on fucking facebook so I never saw it when I updated all the drivers prior to starting the update.

This is why people some people buy MacBooks. Complain about the price all you want, but Apple is one of the few companies that generally puts good screens in laptops.

This is why people some people buy MacBooks. Complain about the price all you want, but Apple is one of the few companies that generally puts good screens in laptops.

Well, I honestly would have considered a macbook if I could get a decent GPU like the 980M in it and an easy Windows partition for games, but I don't know much about them. Besides the screen issue this laptop is really good. It matches an i7 6700 + GTX 960 desktop configuration and it isn't very loud at all when gaming as long at you don't let the frame rate run away.

Had a Sager NP8657 with much much worse backlight bleed than that. Returned it ofcourse, had xoticpc try to tell me it's within specs... Still got a refund though.

Sometimes it's the bezel or LCD chassis that pinches the LCD which causes that. The panel itself sometime has nothing to do with the backlight bleeding.

Still.. any laptop north of $1500 doesnt need any backlight bleeding like that...

Last edited:
That's an eye sore! I have barely noticeable bleed in the bottom right corner with my 3k screen from MSI. Maybe I got lucky!

Had a Sager NP8657 with much much worse backlight bleed than that. Returned it ofcourse, had xoticpc try to tell me it's within specs... Still got a refund though.

Sometimes it's the bezel or LCD chassis that pinches the LCD which causes that. The panel itself sometime has nothing to do with the backlight bleeding.

Still.. any laptop north of $1500 doesnt need any backlight bleeding like that...

I pulled the bezel off to be sure and its mainly the panel. The bottom right has a little bleed from the bezel pushing on it.

Back