• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What the hail is this!!!

kjm2003

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,234
search.jpg



What the heck is this thing that loads everytime on my taskbar!!! i want it out out out!!!!! ive ran ad-aware, Spybot, noadware and all of them didnt do anything??? anyone have this weird thing????? please help!!

AMD 2500 2.2Ghz
Windows XP SP2
220GB
512MB DDR
 
Hmm, definitely seems like adware/spyware

I know you ran spybot and the others, but give Hijack This a shot:
http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10227352.html?tag=lst-0-4


*edit

Here is what I read after searching for this:

What I've tried so far...
Got rid of that omniband.dll file - restart
loaded and ran spybot and adware - restart
made changes to the quick launch toolbar - restart
unregistered wmpband.dll - restart
deleted HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects2 - restart

I deleted two programs called Windows SA, which are linked to Blazefind which puts that annoying Search Assistant to the toolbar - Fixed
 
YES that was it...called BlazeFind!!! ill give this a try thank you so much!
 
well i found the folder, I delted everything except for 1 DLL But it still comes up on startup and everything :(
 
yup, i got the whole folder deleted, but still nothing has change....that program found 1 thing about but nothing changed???

Any other ideas??
 
I've been getting ghey tool bars too. Try going to add/remove programs..i've found that it auto installs it onto your computer. Uninstall anything like isltoolbar etc..anything pertaining to toolbars prolly. Run adware/spybot again. I also just got norton antivirus 2004 pro and that got rid of parts of my toolbar info...then i ran spybot/adware and its all gone now.
 
Finally I got it out! w00t. Sure enough it was under the add/remove program.

remove_search.JPG


Thank you all for the help, i appreciate it a bunch! ;)
 
Back
Top