• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What temp should a 2500+ be at ?

Grizzle

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
231
I'm using the Thermal Take Volcano 11+

Seen Here

And my temps under load are around 125 Degrees. I used the thermal paste that came with the fan, retail box.

I'm going to be switching paste pretty soon to see if thats the problem.

Or do these chips just run hot?
 
Yes AMD's do run hot, for some reason the one that I have is always running 52-62C rather im Idle to encoding files. So im about to turn to water cooling, come the middle of the month. If you dont like that, then I dont know what to say. I was going to get that volcano 11 but when my friend told me how easy water cooling was, and i found a kit for 85 bucks, A good one at that. I decided to. Im also going to OC this amd so why not?
 
Mine's at 35C oc'd to 2800+ speeds, goes around 41 under load. And the temp varies on what time of day it is, my room can heat up in a hurry.
 
Hey Future, what amd do you currently own, and you said you have it set to 2800+ speeds which is about 2.08 im trying to find if getting my 2000+ to a barton 3000+ speeds, or something over 2.1ghz, thanks
 
I'm running a 2500+ barton at 3200+

With stock cooling (I bought the retail) I would usually get
temps between 45 and 60 (idle vs. load)

I put on the Zalman 7000 and I idle around between 28 and 35 (the house is warm right now)
Full load is about 39 - 45 (I wish I had an air conditioner in the room so it wasn't so hot) ((wife cranks the temp up))


-Jeff
 
I have the Volcano 11+ also on my barton and I usually get ~46 idle and 52 load with Artic Silver 3.

Recently I had to repaste because I noticed my temps went from 46 to 58 idle and I don't even wanna know load, not having any AS3 I put some Compussr paste on and after leaving the computer alone for 2 days I came back to type a report and noticed temps back at 58 idle.

Like Ice in a few weeks I'm going water cooling. Also considering I live in hawaii my temps just might be hotter then the rest of you with A/C in every room cause I'm forced to just leave windows open in an attempt to keep the room under 34 degrees. :)
 
My Chenbro PC61166 with a 2500+ Barton using a Gigabyte board gets 36 idle and 42 under full load, but my 2500+ Barton in my Shuttle case gets like 46C idle and like 52/54C full load. Was scared at first about the shuttle case, but it is stable. So feeling better about it.
 
I don't have the same cooler but...... specs below, I run 42c idle 48c load, and 52c heavy game.
 
I hope you're not putting a lot of paste on-- you need to use an extremely small amound of thermal compound, otherwise itll actually increase your temperatures. You should have a layer between 0.003 and ~0.008 inches thick, which is very thin. The compound itself doesn't have nearly the conductivity of pure copper. Rather, it's supposed to fill the microscopic holes in the HS and CPU Core, so that there is maximum contact between the two.

a 1 cc tube of AS5, for example, is supposed to last you for at least 6 large CPU cores., and 1cc of stuff is not a lot to begin with(keep in mind cc is a cubic centimeter).
 
2.3GHz @ 28C full load

Custom built external ducted watercooling setup.
 
Back
Top