What tech bench?

Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
14
I am looking for a solid tech bench. I like the lian li T60 but its not in stock anywhere. I also have a Dimastech easy v2. I may end up just getting a second one of those - any tips on a good bench?

Thank you!
 
Interesting. I had no idea such things even existed. I just use a motherboard tray.

I have almost thirty aluminum eATX trays with steel thread inserts and nothing to do with them. I need a design project and I need something to justify getting a bit of metalworking gear (spot welder, wirefeed welder, plasma cutter, brake/shear/pressroll) that will hopefully partially pay for the gear.
 
Me and a buddy made our own out of sheets of 1/2" plywood. Has two trays, mobo sits of top, PSU on bottom, with an HDD rail next to it.

Only thing we didn't think about was an optical drive a place to screw in the expansion cards. :D
 
MisterDNA, i'[d be happy to work with you. what are you going to do for paint?

I was thinking making the bottom part out of nice wood (imagine flame Maple like an electric guitar neck, for example) with a Urethane or stain and seal finish. As for the mobo tray, I'm not sure. I don't have anodizing gear and hi-temp paint doesn't stick very well in my experience. Plus, I was figuring an anti-static mat like the stuff I use at my electronics desk would be good between the tray and motherboard and it's that bright blue color so I have no idea yet on that.

Great ideas are a dime a dozen and I can already tell these wouldn't be cheap. I doubt they would sell since craftsmanship on a piece of practical utility gear like this isn't in high demand. I would be so paranoid about scratching the finish if I was using one, personally.
 
Back
Top