• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What speakers should I get?

GFreeman9

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
643
I'm upgrading my sound system for the holidays because you know visuals are only half the game. ;) So anyway I'm probably going to pick up a X-fi, but my real question is what speakers are more worth it the Logitech z-2300's or the Altec Lansing MX5021's? I can get the Logitech ones for $60, while the Altec Lansing speakers are going to cost me $113.
 
Logitech makes solid speakers these days for PCs. And for the 200w total power and the price, it's a great deal.

Then again Altec Lansing makes some pretty decent speakers as well. It has a larger frequency response range, but also has a much larger price tag and puts out less power. But keep in mind that more power isn't always better.

It's really up to you as to how much money you want to spend. I've never used either of these and have never read any serious reviews on them, so maybe someone with a bit more knowledge on these can chime in and help you out further.
 
Very cool thanks for the advice :). I'm probably going to get the logitech ones now and save myself some money. :D
 
If gaming is the most important thing, get the Logitechs. Logitechs are technically horrible speakers, but their particular brand of horrible works quite well for games. For more music-type use I'd pick the Altecs, but for games, Logitechs are OK.
 
Uhh.. I don't want this to sound snooty, but bump your budget up a hair and you won't regreat it, this system will utterly destroy that logitech crap. Though it may not rattle the walls, at least the sound will be very high quality. Swans M200

If you absolutely cannot bump your budget now, then wait till you can, the differnce is worth it, read those newgg reviews for more info and other professional reviews.
 
Elderblaze said:
Uhh.. I don't want this to sound snooty, but bump your budget up a hair and you won't regreat it, this system will utterly destroy that logitech crap. Though it may not rattle the walls, at least the sound will be very high quality. Swans M200

If you absolutely cannot bump your budget now, then wait till you can, the differnce is worth it, read those newgg reviews for more info and other professional reviews.
Since I'm kinda also looking for 2.1, what subwoofer would you recommend with these?
 
Back
Top