What speakers should i get?

winuser2000

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 20, 2001
Messages
299
I need a 2.1 or 5.1 speaker setup for my comp. I do gaming, movies, and music. I really don't want to spend more than 100 dollars shipped. After reading a lot of threads on speakers it looks like everyone loves the Swan m10s but those are like 140 after shipping.

So far I've found the logitech z-2300s, z-540s, and a bunch of refurb creative speakers. Seems to be a good deal on the T20s here. T6100s?

What speakers do you guys recommend? Logitech gets a pretty bad rap around here but I would really like the speakers to be around 100.
 
Well, for a hundred bucks you shouldn't be expecting great sound, particularly for a 5.1 set. I had a set of Creative Intrigue T-3000 a couple years ago. They sounded pretty good for a $40 set of speakers. I imagine the Intrigue series speakers from creative have only gotten better. You can get a new set of Creative Intrigue T-3200 for about $70, I'd buy it if I didn't already have a receiver and bookshelf speakers.
 
What does everyone think of the TSC 5.1 MM51.6 system? http://www.thespeakercompany.com/MM516-51-PC-Speaker-System-P13C16.aspx
These get pretty good reviews on their webpage but I could only find a limited number of reviews. What do you guys think?

I'm debating between those 5.1 speakers and the Gigaworks T20 refurb. I'm tending to lean towards the t20s as I can't find many bad things about them on this forum. They would also be a lot easier to have on my desk than 5 speakers.
 
Back
Top