What SLI setup will I see a big improvement?

jalbs

n00b
I have 2x 6800GS and I bench 11,300 in 3dmark05. I have seen some 3dmark scores and am not that impressed with the new tech. My score is high due to 2x10k rpm raptor drives in raid 0 but still if I am going to drop $400 I want to see near 20k in 3dmark05. I prefer SLI but will consider a single card. Any ideas?

I score over 20K with my single card solution on 3dmark05 and over 14K on 3dmark06. Very happy with it. Of course, Ultra's can be pricey but I'm starting to see great deals on them all the time. Look around. Much, less hassle than SLI, especially if you're on Vista.

I have 2x 6800GS and I bench 11,300 in 3dmark05. I have seen some 3dmark scores and am not that impressed with the new tech. My score is high due to 2x10k rpm raptor drives in raid 0 but still if I am going to drop $400 I want to see near 20k in 3dmark05. I prefer SLI but will consider a single card. Any ideas?

Any single 8800 card, will crush your SLI setup, while performing much better in games and having much better image quality.
Also, do not base your buying options, on 3DMark scores. Base it, on real tests, such as games.

Any single 8800 card, will crush your SLI setup, while performing much better in games and having much better image quality.
Also, do not base your buying options, on 3DMark scores. Base it, on real tests, such as games.

Truth.

I quit playing 3DMark. No replay value, shallow plot. :D

Agreed, but, with, way, to, many, commas.,,,,

I have an A3 core on my 640GTS, and it has a stable overclock of 670/2100. :) Save your money, get an A3, and overclock. :)

Back