What Skills Should Every 18 Year Old Have

HardOCP News

[H] News
This seemed like your typical run-of-the-mill list...until he got to the last item on the list. The reporter did seem a bit miffed at The Division with his "despite the way Massive nerfed the crafting system and allows packs of super-geared Rogues to gank you in the Dark Zone — thanks a lot, jerks." I totally didn't see that one coming. ;)

Gardening,money management, time management, interview skills. To name a few. There are plenty more I can add but these should be taught in school in my opinion.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Gardening,money management, time management, interview skills. To name a few. There are plenty more I can add but these should be taught in school in my opinion.
There's no time for that! We're too busy indoctrinating kids into the SJW cult, these days. The Brits are asking 4-year old kids to identify their gender, FFS, that includes a list of 25 choices...

Skill number one for an 18 year old: Look the person in the eye when talking to them.
Number two: Speak loud and clear.
Three: Clean yourself up a little, so you at least look like you give a shit.
Four: Dont stand around with your hands in your pockets, if looking for a job or on the job.
Man, if i was 18 again knowing what i know now, i could rule the world.

Skill number one for an 18 year old: Look the person in the eye when talking to them.
Four: Dont stand around with your hands in your pockets, if looking for a job or on the job.
ding ding ding

AFAIK, they still don't teach some kind of personal finance in high school. "The dangers of credit cards", "How to make a budget" that sort of thing.

"I've got skills. I can trade them"

"Sorry, the brothel is full."

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Swear to God I heard this the other day, "I got skills. Just gotta hack the right trainer and viola. Infinipoints of life!!!" I nearly blew a load through my nose.

Yes because hands in pockets are great indication of uncultured swine, and lazy shift abouts.:rolleyes:

That hands in the pocket is pretty stupid. If that's a requirement for getting hired to some jobs, I don't want to work for that company at all.

Reactions: dgz
like this

If you are applying for job at a fast-food place, don't just pull up to the drive-thru and ask for a job application, actually get up out of your car and walk inside.

Reactions: dgz
like this
Whether it is an actual indication of laziness or trustworthyness or not, it does gives the appearance of laziness and lack of trustworthiness. Your hands should not be hid, and you should look people in the eye when speaking to them. There are instinctual distrust responses involved with hidden hands and lack of eye contact. If you want to fight instinct on the matter it is your choice to do so.

It surprises me how often people forget how much body language affects us at the gut or instinctual level.

Yeah, the hands in pocket thing may seem stupid, I personally think it is, but it does "say" something to those around you.

The talking in the eyes thing, i personally don't think that flies. ONLY because some people literally cannot do that. I know I can't. It is an anxiety thing. Even my therapist said that as well.

If you are applying for job at a fast-food place, don't just pull up to the drive-thru and ask for a job application, actually get up out of your car and walk inside.

this guy wins

There's no time for that! We're too busy indoctrinating kids into the SJW cult, these days. The Brits are asking 4-year old kids to identify their gender, FFS, that includes a list of 25 choices...

The only real 'SJW's' I see on a regular basis are angry conservatives trying to make up some new social ill to get butthurt about.

Personal finance and an introductory logic course on critical thinking should both be mandatory in high school.

Keep seeing people complaining about SJW, what do people have against sexy Jewish women?

The only real 'SJW's' I see on a regular basis are angry conservatives trying to make up some new social ill to get butthurt about.

Personal finance and an introductory logic course on critical thinking should both be mandatory in high school.
Social Justice: the perception that certain peoples are oppressed by systems based solely on their identities, and that justice is served by dismantling these systems.
Warrior: one who fights, perhaps for a cause.

Conservatives are reactionary as they always have been. They are certainly not fighting for social justice, but they are part of the ongoing culture war. But do not mistake SJWs for liberals. Liberals believe in individual freedom; SJWs believe in collectivism.

Social Justice: the perception that certain peoples are oppressed by systems based solely on their identities, and that justice is served by dismantling these systems.
Warrior: one who fights, perhaps for a cause.

Conservatives are reactionary as they always have been. They are certainly not fighting for social justice, but they are part of the ongoing culture war. But do not mistake SJWs for liberals. Liberals believe in individual freedom; SJWs believe in collectivism.

Liberals are for individual freedoms???? Uhm, that is exactly opposite of what Liberals believe...you have Libertarian and Liberal mixed up, common mistake. But a HUGE divide between ideology. As to Conservatives running to each social issue, that is BS. Conservatives want personal responsibility and to a move away from large centralized government.

Back