• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What shuttle barebones system for a socket 478 P4 3.0C

Jalega7

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
108
Im looking for a shuttle system for use in an HTPC I already have a spare P4 3.0C processor and I figured its HT abilities make it a good candidate for an HTPC. My only requirements would be that the motherboard has 1 8x agp slot and at least 2 pci slots.
 
Actually are there any shuttles with 2 pci slots and 1 agp slot? If not are there any shuttles with onboard sound suitable for an HTPC? If not I may have to rethink this whole shuttle idea.
 
The shuttle typically has only 1 pci slot. The SN95 model is very nice but is handicapped by the 1 pci slot. I would recommend a silverstone case. You would have to buy the MOBO and PSU but you dont need hightest to run an HTPC. Read the stickies they are quite good. If you get your own MOBO you can make it do what you want, not have to adapt to whats out there.
 
I actually already have a motherboard. A very good one in fact, the Asus P4C800-E. I was just looking into shuttles because they will fit in this odd shaped recess in my entertainment center that will otherwise never get filled.
 
mega865_large.jpg


MSI MEGA 865, you can buy it from http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=151601&affiliate=shopping ($215 after rebate) Just add CPU, memory, hard drive, dvd-rw, vid card if you want, and a tv tuner card.

I have the MEGA 180 for the AMD Socket A, and love it. I use it for my home theater pc. It only has 1 AGP and 1 PCI, but its a great little pc. The front display is the coolest (displays cpu temp, fan speed, tv channel, etc..), and it has a remote and its own Media Center PC software (TV, video, radio, karaoke, dvd player, vcd, image viewer, etc..). Its fast too.
 
Thanks, that looks to be perfect for me. It also will save me from having to buy a new sound card.
 
Back
Top